We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best beach

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
best beach

I am not staying oceanfront, so was curious what is the best and easiest way to park and get on the beach. I will have a car, so need parking and easily accessible path to beach. I have seen that Myrtle Beach State Park is a good option. Anything else? I am going to be staying at Barefoot Resort. Thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,677 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best beach

Barefoot Resort has a shuttle to their own private beach area. If you don't want to do that, there are plenty of public beach access parking lots from about 6th Ave North and on up. Residential area. Nice beach area. If you park at the 6th Ave access you will be very close to Coconuts Tiki Bar behind a hotel there. You can order food and drinks there.

Myrtle Beach State Park would be about a 45 minute drive for you.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best beach

Ok good to know its that far! I didn't t know Barefoot had its own private beach...just knew they had a shuttle. Do you know if they have bathrooms, snacks for purchase...? I like the other idea too of ordering drinks and food ! Thanks 😁

Edited: 22 August 2017, 09:08
yo. oh
Level Contributor
324 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best beach

The Barefoot Beach Cabana does have restrooms - but there is no food service operation on site.

FWIW: The beach at the cabana is not private/exclusive to Barefoot residents - the beach is public and open to all, however the cabana is private and requires card access. The Barefoot Cabana is staffed daily from early May thru late October to assist Barefoot residents and monitor/prohibit use of those that are not Barefoot residents. The Barefoot Cabana is for use by Barefoot residents - "resident" is defined by being a property owner in Barefoot or a renter that has a lease of a minimum of 12 months. Nightly or weekly rental of a Barefoot condo or home will not provide access to the Barefoot Cabana.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
695 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best beach

Also the shuttle Service ends Sept 4th.

Myrtle Beach, South...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best beach

Surfside Beach has a restaurant on the beach and bathrooms.

Reply to: best beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations