We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Our teens and parents Labor Day weekend

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
574 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Our teens and parents Labor Day weekend

We have only a short time and love the water and good seafood. If you had just two days in MB what would you do? I hate shopping, but thought the boys might like the amusements and fireworks at broadway? Murrel's Inlet seemed to have a more relaxed vibe that we might like. We usually go to Outer Banks, but MB is much closer for these Atlanta folks. What would you do with your teens if you had only a couple days? We'd like to explore to see if we'd like to stay again for a longer trip.

2 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
9,695 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Our teens and parents Labor Day weekend

I don't care much for shopping either, but I do love to wander around BATB. Your boys will enjoy it for sure. Lots to do there. Murrells Inlet can be a relaxing evening but can be crowded...probably will be Labor Day weekend. Drunkin Jacks is a favorite with a good view. Walk around the Boardwalk area one evening...early evening. Maybe go on the Sky Wheel. Do walk into The Gay Dolphin Gift Cove. Huge, iconic gift shop with many levels/floors to explore. Again, I don't shop...I just like to wander around. A round or two of mini-golf would be fun. SO many courses to choose from all up and down Hwy 17. Take your pick.

Do take a drive along Ocean Blvd North to get a feel for the different areas. The further north you go, the crowds and hotels start to thin out a bit. Couple of stretches of just residential areas. Maybe even head up to North Myrtle Beach to see how the vibe is up there. Not quite as crazy, nor as many high-rise hotels. Maybe a meal at Duffy Street Seafood Shack at the very end of North Myrtle Beach in Cherry Grove. (there is one in the Main Street area of NMB too)

http://www.duffyst.com/Home_Page.html

Oh..and there is Barefoot Landing up in NMB. Pretty much the same thing as BATB, just a different layout. No need to hit both of them for this short trip. (I prefer BATB anyway)

Have a great weekend! Hope you enjoy MB!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
559 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Our teens and parents Labor Day weekend

Beachlady pretty much covered everything. Marsh walk in Murrells Inlet or the river walk in Conway for something different, broadway is a good place to wander around, and teenagers will probably want to hang around at the boardwalk for a bit. Plenty of options for miniature golf, but my preference is Captain Hooks.

Reply to: Our teens and parents Labor Day weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach