We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myrtle Beach - Seacrest Ocean Front - Good location?

Boston...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Myrtle Beach - Seacrest Ocean Front - Good location?

This is probably a stupid question, but, my fiancee (we're in our early 30's) and I are heading down to MB from Boston for a week beginning Sunday 9/3. I've been anxiously reading reviews and checking weather (obviously). My question is, we are going to be staying at the Seacrest Oceanfront Resort. Is this a good hotel? Is is gross? (i keep seeing mixed reviews) Is it in a safe area? Should I be looking to rebook? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

6 replies to this topic
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
559 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myrtle Beach - Seacrest Ocean Front - Good location?

The property itself gets generally good reviews, but it's not in my favorite section of the strand. You'll be well south of pretty much everything and the surrounding area isn't the greatest.

Myrtle Beach, South...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myrtle Beach - Seacrest Ocean Front - Good location?

I recommend anything North of 21stN on up to 76thN as quieter and safer area's.

pittsburgh
Level Contributor
274 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myrtle Beach - Seacrest Ocean Front - Good location?

We stayed here about 8 years ago not sure if they have upgraded anything since then. There is a main tower & the smaller building w/o elevator. We had no complaints except parking and didn't mind the location. Regardless of where you stay you are driving to dinner,attractions and shopping.

Lexington, NC
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myrtle Beach - Seacrest Ocean Front - Good location?

The south end of town is not good anymore. Look for locations North...up past 40th avenue or with addresses close to Tanger Outlets. Nice resorts around there.

Myrtle Beach, South...
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Myrtle Beach - Seacrest Ocean Front - Good location?

Surfside and Garden City are both on the south end and are family beaches.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
444 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Myrtle Beach - Seacrest Ocean Front - Good location?

There are some nice properties south of the Family Kindom. It's not that the "south " end of MB is bad it's just a small area south of the old pavilion down to around the Family Kingdom area. Once you get south of there it is not bad.

Reply to: Myrtle Beach - Seacrest Ocean Front - Good location?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Myrtle Beach
Recent Conversations