We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffalo Chip

auvergne
5 posts
Buffalo Chip

hello

we are going to Sturgis and I was wondering if you had to be a camper (I mean have a reservation ) at the Buffalo Chip campground to attend the events , not only the concerts but also the day events (contests ...) . If so, what else can you do or see for free during the rally ?

Thanks for your help.

5 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
1. Re: Buffalo Chip

The answer is "maybe". The way that I understand it is that you buy a pass, daily, weekly etc. and the concerts are free. You can spend the night there or go elsewhere when the concert is done.

http://www.buffalochip.com/

Edited: 03 July 2016, 05:17
auvergne
5 posts
2. Re: Buffalo Chip

Thank you for your answer . But , in that case , are there any other stuff to do apart going to the buffalo chip ? Thanks !

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
6,377 posts
61 reviews
3. Re: Buffalo Chip

I have never been to Sturgis, so I can't help you with activities isolated totally to the rally. However, if you are looking to sightsee, which many riders do, there's plenty to keep you busy.

You mention "what is free?" There are beautiful rides in the area (some are free, i.e. Rt 385), but you will need to pay a fee to enter Custer State Park and the many national parks/memorials in the area. The fees are extremely reasonable, but I don't know how tight your budget is due to this comment. If you clarify, we might be able to help more.

Thanks!

Sturgis, South...
1 post
4. Re: Buffalo Chip

Hello, The Buffalo Chip's CrossRoads area has activities that are free and is a pretty easy place to meet up with people and see what is going on at the Buffalo Chip. The CrossRoads is the area out front of the main campground. There's a huge Sculpture of a V-Twin at the Big Engine Bar, A Field of Flags, Fallen Soldier Monument, a bikini bike wash, vendors, live music and entertainment.

If you want to see Concerts like Kid Rock, Willie Nelson, Five Finger Death Punch, Lynyrd Skynrd or camp inside the facility, you will need to make a reservation. Go check out the website. BuffaloChip.Com

auvergne
5 posts
5. Re: Buffalo Chip

thanks a lot !!

Reply to: Buffalo Chip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sturgis