We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glin Castle Day Trips???

Albuquerque, NM
1 post
Save Topic
Glin Castle Day Trips???

I am staying at Glin Castle about 25 miles west of Limerick for a week for a wedding. I would love some recommendations for some day trips. I'm not looking to go crazy and see everything. I'm trying to find out what would be reasonable. We are renting a car and will have 4 free days outside of wedding stuff.

Please help!

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,162 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glin Castle Day Trips???

Hi,

Check out www.aaroadwatch.ie/routes for details of distance, estimated time and directions.

From Glin you could:

Get the ferry from Tarbert to Kilimer and visit West Clare including the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren.

Drive down to Killarney, visit Muckross House and Gardens, Torc Waterfall, Ross Castle and Island

Drive down to Dingle, visit the Dingle Peninsula.

Drive into Limerick, visit King John's Castle, St. Mary's Cathedral, The Hunt Museum then out to Bunratty Castle and Folk Park

Drive to Killaloe-Ballina (two towns on either side of a bridge over the River Shannon). Drive along the lake shore, have lunch in Goosers, wander around the towns.

Visit the Irish Coffee Museum in Foynes, drive down the coast as far as you wish and back (its a nice drive, there are some interesting beaches)

These are just a few suggestions. Each of the different suggestions can be achieved in a day.

Irvington, New...
Level Contributor
68 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glin Castle Day Trips???

That was some very good information BEANALINN. Glad I started browsing through the topics. Like MG am not looking to go crazy and will have a car . We will be there for 7 days. If you could give me 1 place outside of Limerick to see, what would it be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Limerick, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Limerick, Killarney
Level Contributor
27,162 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glin Castle Day Trips???

YungMarie, thats not fair, lol!!

Either Killarney or Killaloe or West Clare.

Three very different places, in three different counties.

Irvington, New...
Level Contributor
68 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glin Castle Day Trips???

LOL..Why isn't it fair :-) & Why dis you say that?

Thank you Beanalainn for the info..I only hope that I will be able to go, not sure if I could or would get used to the left hand driving there. :-)

5. Re: Glin Castle Day Trips???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Glin
Recent Conversations