We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motherwell hotel near railroad station

pa
4 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Motherwell hotel near railroad station

I will be arriving in Motherwell from Edinburgh after dark and would like a hotel in easy walking distance to the railroad station.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
50,815 posts
71 reviews
188 helpful votes
1. Re: Motherwell hotel near railroad station

Not a lot to chose from but the Moorings or the Bently are about you best bet. By the way it's more common to say railway than railroad in Scotland.

I am guessing that there is some specific reason for you to stay in Motherwell rather than Glasgow where you would have much more hotel choice and things to do at night.

Edited: 10 years ago
Cumbernauld, United...
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,098 posts
21 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Motherwell hotel near railroad station

I agree with RonaldoC.

pa
4 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Motherwell hotel near railroad station

Yes, Motherwell is the town where my mother was born and I wanted to see it, although I have no specific people or addresses to located. Just spending 1 night at the hotel, taking a look around town, visiting the Heritage Center then traveling on to the Lake District.

Thank you so much for your advice.

London, United...
Level Contributor
157 posts
102 reviews
229 helpful votes
4. Re: Motherwell hotel near railroad station

Moorings Hotel: head and shoulders above the Bently. lovely staff, very clean and great rooms. brisk walk downhill from station. have travelled to Motherwell for work on many occasions and the Moorings is one of the few hotels i like staying in!

Nice
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
42 reviews
47 helpful votes
5. Re: Motherwell hotel near railroad station

Motherwell, is unlikely to look anything like your mother would recognise, unless your mother is very young.

I would definitely pick the moorings hotel for handiness and general niceness.

6. Re: Motherwell hotel near railroad station

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Motherwell
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.