We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sahara Bad Place

Novi, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Sahara Bad Place

Do not stay at this place it is an old run down motel and is not clean nor updated at all. It needs to be torn down and replaced with something more modern.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
18,165 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sahara Bad Place

You need to post your review on the Sunny Isles forum page. Click on the "Hotels" tab at the top of the page, find the motel and write the review.

Mentioned in this post
Novi, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sahara Bad Place

It dioes not show up it is the Sahara on Collins Ave.

Mentioned in this post
Collins Hotel
Collins Hotel
1,049 Reviews
Miami Beach, FL
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale
Level Contributor
40,871 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sahara Bad Place

This is a bit of an oddity I think.

I believe it is called the Sahara Beach Club Motel officially and seems in fact that at least some of the units were bought as condos at one time- so it may actually be that this gentleman was victim of a vacation rental, not a hotel..

If that is the case, the listing and reviewing procedures area bit different. Wonder if the poster rented it from an individual or from a special offer of some sort- or through an agency? Groupon was actually offering rooms there at one time ( but perhaps not currently). Many of the condo units are up for sale, currently one by one by their owners - guess we can imagine why.....sounds like folks got caught speculating in that former real estate bubble...

Edited: 29 May 2016, 04:36
Novi, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sahara Bad Place

Thank you and you are right it is Sahara Beach Club motel and you only can book it through an owner type site, but don't do it. I hope I was able to prevent someone the disappointment of this place. Very Creepy place.

Novi, Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sahara Bad Place

This was booked through Airbnb as this description Oceanfront Studio-garden side

Sunny Isles Beach, FL, United States this description was accurate, but on the site it said cozy room and the amenities listed were not either unless you wanted to use a a bar of soap and shampoo that someone had already used. Buyer must beware of some of these accommodations. We ended up leaving after about 30 minutes never slept there and lost our money since you had to pay up front.

(15)

Mentioned in this post
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Sahara Bad Place

We were booked to stay there and they gave away our kitchenette. We got there and were told we were staying st the Thunderbird next door. No call no email nothing! Then they gave us a room with no kitchen. After some confusion the Manager at Thunderbird gave us a the Penthouse csuse that's all they had with a kitchen. Then upon seeing the Sahara I'm glad we didn't stay there.

7. Re: Sahara Bad Place

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 March 2018, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Sunny Isles Beach