We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overwhelmed

Which Pigeon Forge hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Topic
Overwhelmed

I would like to rent a 8 person cabin the first week of July. They all look great, however we don't feel confident in driving deep into the mountains on steep and narrow roads. We are not particular about house amenities, but want a great view as this will be the only time we will visit the Pigeon Forge area. I don't know what company VRBO, Sunset Cottages, Summit Cabin rentals.....etc. HELP....are all of the great views at cabins that are difficult to get to. Are their any that are easily accessibl? Advice at this point would be great.

Hebron, Indiana
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overwhelmed

Not sure if you just want to stay in Pigeon Forge or if Gatlinburg is an option but I like the cabins in Black Bear Falls in Gatlinburg. A lot of the cabins there have really nice views and the roads in the resort are wide, paved and although a teeny bit steep in a couple places , but IMO, they are not scary. I live in a very flat area and don't like steep roads either and found it to be just fine. Obviously for a really spectacular view, you would have to go up higher. I ran into that problem when I was looking to rent a cabin for the first time and that's why I chose BBF......great views without having to go way up in the mountains. Black Bear Falls is only a few miles from downtown Gatlinburg and Gatlinburg is only 5 or 6 miles from Pigeon Forge. I rented through Jackson Mountain Homes the last couple years and have booked a cabin with them again for this Spring. www.jacksonmountainhomes.com.

Sorry, I'm not much help for cabins in Pigeon Forge although I know there are some not too far off the main parkway and doubt they would have really steep roads to them. I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful suggestions from people on here. Good luck in your search and have a wonderful trip!!

Edited: 02 March 2012, 14:10
Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Level Contributor
962 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overwhelmed

Hey Wilfred, check out TimberCreek cabins http://www.timbercreekcabins.com/. They are located just a couple of miles outside of Pigeon Forge in an area called Wears Valley. They are a quality rental firm with plenty of cabins to choose from. If you want to be near the action the entire time you are in PF, this might not work for you, but if you want to enjoy the mountains in a quiet setting just a few miles away after a big day in PF, this would be a great choice.

Lansing, Illinois
Level Contributor
151 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overwhelmed

If you want to stay in the Pigeon Forge area, I'd recommend the cabins at Starr Crest resort, which is near Dollywood. If you want a great view anywhere you stay, you need to do some climbing, but the roads at Starr Crest are wide and curbed, so it's a very comfortable ride for us flatlanders. Starr Crest cabins have beautiful views. Several companies rent cabins there, but we've always had a good experience with Timber Tops (yourcabin.com). We've never rented a cabin as large as you need, so I can't recommend a specific one.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
670 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overwhelmed

My favorite rental company is Sunset cottages. I have called them before and told them my list of "must-haves" and they would give me a list of possibilities. Much easier than spending a whole day looking through each listing!! They are so nice there-- they answered all of my endless questions.

Karen

Great Smoky...
Level Contributor
34 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overwhelmed

Unfortunately, often "view" comes with the price of a "challenging drive". Think about it. If you're lower, there's going to be a "wooded view". Up higher it's beautiful..but a climb. I stand behind the quality/cleanliness of Volunteer Cabin Rentals on Wears Valley Road. Rented a wonderful cabin with a view....and a "farmhouse" at ground level....for two different family reuions in my home county....both were great!

-Stephanie

Lakeland, Florida
Level Contributor
80 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Overwhelmed

You might want to check out Smoky Cove Chalet & Cabin Rentals.....I have stayed at "A Mountain Dream" and am spending our spring break right now in "A Grand View Lodge". LOVE both of these cabins!! We are from FL so we were looking for easy access (no steep roads) and the Smoky Cove resort has wide paved roads and is beautiful. We try to make it up to PF once or twice a year and we wouldn't consider staying anywhere else now. It takes only a few mins to get to the parkway, but it seems like it is much farther away from the hustle and bustle. smokycovechaletandcabinrentals.com/4bedroomc…

We usually have 7 to 11 people in our group, so we always have rented the two 4 bedroom cabins I mentioned above. They have both been absolutely gorgeous and spotlessly cleaned. "A Mountain Dream" has a wooded view and a small creek running behind it, while "A Grand View Lodge" has a drop dead beautiful mountain view. I think the view on their home page is a picture that was taken from the family room porch - at least, it looks just like it.

Anyway, hope that helps. Also, you might want to check out some of my fav restaurants while you are here .... Calhoun's & J.T. Hannah's. Also, Bishop's Cakes (not sure that is the right name, but his place is located on Wear's Valley Road - a log cabin/house) makes the best cinnamon rolls I have ever eaten! Smoky Mountain Brewery is also good, as well as Bullfish Grill.

Have a fun time during your trip!

7. Re: Overwhelmed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2013, 17:24