We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wilderness in the Smokies

Madisonville...
Level Contributor
22 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Wilderness in the Smokies

I stayed there once when it was just opened and had no problems with our one night stay. DH wants to stay there in June so I read new reviews. Some people have had a problem with being "harassed" while getting their parking passes about taking a timeshare tour. I have no problem telling them "No. Please just give me my parking pass." but I'd rather not even have to deal with that. We don't want to waste hours of our time for "free tickets".

Anyone here have personal experience with this at Wilderness?

Mentioned in this post
Wilderness at the Smokies Resort
Wilderness at the...
2,928 Reviews
Sevierville, TN
Day Tour: Moonshine and Wine Tasting...
30 Reviews
from US$55.00*
Free Cancellation
Ridge Runner Smoky Mountain...
5 Reviews
from US$104.26*
Free Cancellation
The Great Smoky Mountain National...
8 Reviews
from US$172.62*
Free Cancellation
Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wilderness in the Smokies

Ive never stayed there but I do know you can get a sticker from the City or at the chamber of commerce that says "Thanks Ive already been asked" I have seen people wear them around the town and the timeshare people dont even bother trying to talk to them.

Madisonville...
Level Contributor
22 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wilderness in the Smokies

Thanks!

Northeast Tennessee
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wilderness in the Smokies

We were there several months ago and had absolutely no problems. Hubby was asked if he wanted to attend a presentation when he was getting his parking pass. He said no and it was left at that. No pressure at all.

Edited: 09 January 2011, 04:29
Madisonville...
Level Contributor
22 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wilderness in the Smokies

Great!

5. Re: Wilderness in the Smokies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 12:21
Get answers to your questions about Sevierville
Recent Conversations