We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why doesn't anyone ever post questions here?

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,833 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Why doesn't anyone ever post questions here?

I've posted a few questions on T/A if the Townsend forums a few times. My question is.....how come no-one else ever posts anything in here also? Because Townsend is such a neat little smokie mountain community, it just stands to reason, somewhere along the line, someone's gonna wanna know something about "the peaceful side of the smokies."

Ray

Delaware
Destination Expert
for Rehoboth Beach
Level Contributor
2,141 posts
1,270 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Why doesn't anyone ever post questions here?

Tn Ray,

To be honest, I personally think a lot of people may just be unaware of this particular area of the Smokies. When I was a kid my Mom took us to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. She had heard of Dollywood and the Smoky Mountain National Park. But, other than that we had no idea what the area had to offer. We knew about Sevierville from watching Dolly on TV and we usually stayed in Sevierville because it was a little cheaper. But, I don't think my Mom had even heard of Townsend, Cosby, Dandridge or even Cades Cove. It wasn't until I started traveling as an adult that I discovered some of these areas for myself. And being on Tripadvisor--you find out more and more about the surrounding areas from individuals who love to share. I agree these areas are wonderful & people who travel to the area and just see the parkway---are missing some beautiful sites. I check the Sevierville, Townsend, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg forums on a regular basis. However, as you stated before--most people frequent the Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg forums. I try to offer suggestions in ALL areas of the Smokies though when people as for recommendations! I want people to get the most out of their trip to the Smokies. I always get upset when I travel to an area and later discover there was some treasure that I missed JUST because I didn't know about it. That is why I joined TA. I wanted to help others make the most of their vacations!

Just my thoughts!

Glen Carbon IL
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Why doesn't anyone ever post questions here?

Hi Ray. I also love Townsend. We've stayed there a few times and might come in June. Its very close to Cades Cove and the River Rd is a gorgeous drive to Gatlinburg. I'm into the scenery and not the shopping and attractions part of PF and Gatlinburg, so Townsend is perfect for us.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,524 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Why doesn't anyone ever post questions here?

Dan was responsive in the HUMTAB forum and asked if there's an area CVB for the Tennessee Mountains, which may imply they're trying to get a board together. So hard to judge what TA's going to do next, which I guess is a good thing for them so they can have a little freedom to operate the site as they wish. I've got my fingers crossed. As I mentioned over there (maybe over here, but I'm too lazy to look), I think a Tennessee Mountains board would unify the information stream in the several forums (mainly Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains, Chattanooga, and perhaps other Cumberland Plateau locations) and perhaps expand everyone's horizons and provide site visitors a more even outlook of what the region offers. Or just make it easy for us to find the posts we want! ;)

Ohio
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Why doesn't anyone ever post questions here?

Where oh where are all the tourists. Prime season is approaching and this site is dead. Townsend is a great place to stay.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,833 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Why doesn't anyone ever post questions here?

My thoughts exactly tuscoman.... where ARE all the tourests and posters for the Townsend area?

We've stayed here several times in the past few years. And evan when we stayed somewhere else, we'd travel into Townsend to visit the Little River Lumber and Railroad Museum, or to buy groceries there, or just drive thru to see the mountains in the distant.

Townsend IS a lovely place. It's far enough away from the noise and crazieness of Gat/burg and P/Forge, yet close enough to have a finger on the pulse of the Smokies.

leftcoast
Level Contributor
280 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Why doesn't anyone ever post questions here?

I think an area forum is a pretty good idea. I get a chuckle out of reading the GB and PF forums where people say they made a trip to the Smokies, yet never seemed to set foot into the park. I don't think people pay that much attention to the different forums, so perhaps one regional forum that combines the three areas, Maggie Valley, Bryson, and GSMNP would be worthwhile.

17. Re: Why doesn't anyone ever post questions here?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2011, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Townsend