We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Let's keep this Townsend forem active

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Let's keep this Townsend forem active

I just hate to see the Townsend Tn forem dry up and be removed. Lets keep it alive.

There IS one thing I'd love to know. Does anyone around Townsend know whatever happened to the "Owl's Nest" cabin on Boat Gunnell Rd. My wife and I stayed there 3 diffarent times, and loved it. Earlier this year I wanted to reserve a ween in November. The lady told me she may or may not rent it out on a weekly basis. Has she sold it or rent it on a permanent-type basis?

Ray

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
33 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Let's keep this Townsend forem active

Thanks!!! Do you know how long does it take to get to pigeon forge/Gatilburg from this area?

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Let's keep this Townsend forem active

Hi there,

Its likely we will be passing around Townsend in June, where would be a good place for a casual lunch?

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
Level Contributor
2,811 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Let's keep this Townsend forem active

There's a particular restaurant in Townsend that I like to reccomend. It's called The Back Porch restaurant. It's nothing fancy, and not at all expensive. The food is good and the waiters/waitress's are very pleasent and cordial. We haven't eaten there an awful lot....but every time we ARE in Townsend, we stop to eat there.

Edited: 04 May 2011, 04:34
Plymouth...
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Let's keep this Townsend forem active

Take the Wears Valley Rd to Pidgeon Forge and south to Gatlinburg, (about 40 min).

Plymouth...
Level Contributor
143 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Let's keep this Townsend forem active

Miss Lilys Cafe has great soups, salads and sandwiches. There are many great restaurants in Townsend. If you like barbecue, give the Little River BBQ a try. They serve great pulled pork sandwiches and you can eat on their sceened in back porch. Hope this helps.

36. Re: Let's keep this Townsend forem active

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Townsend