We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

leftcoast
Level Contributor
280 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

Anyone ever stayed in one of the more 'sleepier' hotels in Townsend? I've stayed at Valley View and Comfort/Econo before, but I'm looking for a cheaper ($50) place to crash for a day or two this spring.

Bartlett, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,439 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

juggler20 Hi you might want to post this in the Gatlinburg forum.The Townsend forum is not very active at all and there were only around 15 threads in 2010 and you may get more anwers to your questions in the Gatlinburg forum.I have never stayed in Townsend so I really dont know about the hotels over there.We drive thru there going to Gatlinburg and shopped at a couple of places and ate at a couple of restaurants but thats about it.Good luck I hope you find what your looking for.

Edited: 03 January 2011, 14:11
Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

Hi Juggler.

I wish I could help, but we have never stayed in Townsend. We are currently looking hard at making a possible trip in the near future, and I'm wondering if you can shed some light on the comfort and cleanliness of the Valley View and the Econo-Lodge.

I understand that these hotels don't have all the amenities of today's modern hotels, but the basics of a clean room and a restful night's sleep are imperative.

By the way, I kinda like what I'm seeing online at the Riverstone. It's old looking but it seems to have some character.The location near the river is promising. It also has a restaurant with a 10% discount if you are staying with them.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
758 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

About 8 to 10 years ago we did stay at the Talley Ho Inns. (i believe that was the name of the hotel......it was the last motel on right side if you was heading towards the SMNP) We just stayed a night or two (we were on our way to the Outer Banks, North Carolina) The part we stayed in was the older part of the motel (it was very cheap) But we just wanted a room to sleep in, during the day we had things planned to do. The room was clean & basic, I do remember the bathroom being small, no tub just a shower. We did get a discount at the restaurant next door (think it was 25%) for breakfast and it was a big breakfast buffet, very good too!

Champaign, Illinois
Level Contributor
241 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

We looked into staying at Talley Ho, but chose the Bunkhouse Inn. We absolutely LOVED it.

It's right on the Little River, and has fire pits and grills outside for use. The owners are super nice, and the rooms are "themed" and decorated really nicely. All the furniture is hand made.

We stayed here for a night before moving to our "luxury" cabin in Gatlinburg, and we will never rent a cabin again, (if it's just the two of us anyway). The bunkhouse was much more comfortable!

Evansville, IN
Level Contributor
271 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

We've stayed in both the Bunk House Inn and Riverstone. Bunk House is a bit more quiet and is right on the river which is nice. Riverstone has more rooms and is right next to a resturant. When weather permits they have a fire pit going and last fall had a band playing on the deck. I would recommend either place. I think their prices are competitive to each other and a bit cheaper than other motels in Townsend. They both have websites.

Alabama
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

My family of 4 stayed at Highland Manor for 1 night last summer. It wasn't fancy, but very clean and nice. They have a simple continental breakfast that was good.

Fort Wayne, IN
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

We've stayed at Riverstone and we loved it. It was basic but very clean and comfortable and very friendly owners. I would recommend it for a cheap but clean place to stay a few nights.

Orange Beach
Level Contributor
455 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

We came up before on a spur of the moment trip and couldn't find a cabin so chose the Talley Ho Inn. We stayed in the section right behind the older section. We had a balcony with a mountain view, either a king or queen bed (can'r remember), small frig, microwave, etc. The room had older furnishing and was not fancy by any means, but it was super clean. The bathroom was super clean. Usually in older motels the grout between the tiles looks a little rough, but this one was spotless. The towels weren't quite as fluffy as I would have liked, but the bed was comfortable, the service was great, they gave us a discount on the room and discounts to the restaurant next door. It was very quiet, had a small loveseat in the room besides the table and chairs. I can't remember the rate, but it was not much at all. If we ever decide to stay in a motel again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there.

Alabama
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

We stayed at Highland Manor last June for one night before going to Pigeon Forge. It's not fancy, but was clean, pretty grounds, and a good continental breakfast.

Edited: 15 February 2011, 03:42
10. Re: Riverstone, Talley Ho, Highland Manor hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2012, 13:22
Get answers to your questions about Townsend