We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lady Slipper Cabin - Townsend - VRBO

Tennessee
Level Contributor
96 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Lady Slipper Cabin - Townsend - VRBO

I am looking at a cabin called Lady Slipper located in Townsend. Has anybody stayed at this cabin? What area is this near in Townsend? We are looking for a very nice secluded cabin in the Townsend area and this one looks perfect.

Also, are VRBO reviews driven by the cabin owners? It seems like all the cabin reviews I have read have 5 stars which is the highest rating. This is on many cabins I have looked at in the Townsend area on VRBO website.

Any suggestions are welcome. however, we only want to stay in Townsend. We always stay in Gatlinburg but want to try something different.

Ohio
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lady Slipper Cabin - Townsend - VRBO

We have stayed in this cabin two different times. Just like it says secluded.You have to get out of your car and open and shut the gate. Each time. You actually go past the drive for the cabin on your way to the owners to do your paper work. The Tipton's were easy to work with and nice folks. Never had any problems either year there. The only drawback is in my opinion the hot tub needs a roof built over it. On the side of the cabin that gets most of the sunshine. We stayed in a cabin with Bearly Rustic last year and it had a roof over the hot tub. Must more enjoyable.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
96 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lady Slipper Cabin - Townsend - VRBO

Thanks for your feedback. We will probably stay here since we really want a secluded cabin.

Ohio
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lady Slipper Cabin - Townsend - VRBO

I don't know how many will be in your party but the cabin seemed to be well supplied in the kitchen area. Seems like the table would seat 6 and even had a high chair available. Had a visit from a bear a couple of nights the one year there. They would show up and check the hot tube chemicals like every other day in the morning. The deck on the side gets plenty of sun. Two bedrooms upstairs and one down.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
96 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lady Slipper Cabin - Townsend - VRBO

Thanks tuscoman.

Only 2 people in party and we won't be doing much cooking this time around. Looking at being closer to Cades Cove for day hiking and we usually have our meals in the woods :) Your feedback is good to know if we decide to stay another time and plan to cook more.

We look forward to staying there.

5. Re: Lady Slipper Cabin - Townsend - VRBO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Townsend