We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What time is dusk this time of year?

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Topic
What time is dusk this time of year?

Alright, part of me is just trying to keep this Townsend forum going because I LOVE Townsend! -and nobody ever posts here! but, I really do want to know. We're coming for a few days next week for spring break and want to hit Caves Cove at dusk-trying to figure out if we'll be there in time the day we're arriving.

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What time is dusk this time of year?

Well, this time of year, sunrise is scheduled for 7:39 AM, and sunset at 7:36 PM, but it's been our experience that it gets darker earlier due to the horizon's different elevations.

I have better luck catching sunrises than sunsets. If you get there at sunset, it just gets dark quickly and then it's all over with. Made that mistake at Roaring Fork once.. We caught a glimpse of some wildlife though,.. a couple of mice caught in the headlights on a bridge, swooped down upon by an owl. Of course we ruined the hunt for the owl.

Any weather site can tell you when the sunset and sunrise will be. And I agree that this forum needs some serious adrenaline :-)

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What time is dusk this time of year?

Thanks! I'll double check the time on weather.com right before we go. I think we'll make it in time and I'm hoping the rainy forecast I see changes between now and then!

3. Re: What time is dusk this time of year?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 09:18
Get answers to your questions about Townsend