We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How late are restaurants generally open, especially Sunday?

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Topic
How late are restaurants generally open, especially Sunday?

Will be in town next week-getting in around dinner time and trying to figure out if we should eat when we arrive or if we can wait until after we go through Cades Cove. Having a hard time finding hour for many of the restaurants, as most don't have individual websites. Specifically thinking Riverstone or Carriage House. If worst comes to worse, I think the grocery store is open until 9 so we shouldn't starve!

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How late are restaurants generally open, especially Sunday?

I know some restaurants in Townsend close during the winter months and I think Carriage House if one of them. They usually open back up sometime during the spring. You might check their website and call them to see when they will open back up. I highly recommend their restaurant, they have a great southern buffet (or order from menu) and the food is great! I think Lily's cafe stays open all year, but not sure what time they close on Sundays.

Townsend, Tennessee
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How late are restaurants generally open, especially Sunday?

Ya.. Hello everyone ... I am a newbe but have been following the Townsend posts for quite some time.

Just to let everyone know about the Carrage House. The owners Gail and Randy Shuler have left the Carrage House and are going to open a new restaraunt down the road in front of the old Dead Beat Petes place and next to the Exxon station / Townsend Shopping Center. (Its the old Ann's Pizza if anybody remembers) I talked to Randy the other day and he said they are going to try and be open by April 1. It is going to be called "Black Bear Cafe" A small shop serving sandwiches, soup and salad as well as deserts. As for the Carrage House I was told the menu has changed and the buffet bar was only going to be open on weekends. I know the Carrage House is open as of last week. I am really intersted in seeing how they both are now with the changes.

Hope this helps.

Madison, AL
Level Contributor
406 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How late are restaurants generally open, especially Sunday?

Wow, we really enjoyed going to the Carriage House. I hope the menu doesn't change too much, we thought it was great! I guess we will find out if we go later this summer. We discovered Carriage House when we went tubing in Townsend last summer and were very impressed with the buffet, too bad the owners are leaving.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How late are restaurants generally open, especially Sunday?

Thanks for the info-the new place sounds promising-too bad it won't be open yet when we're there.

Illinois
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How late are restaurants generally open, especially Sunday?

Well, we didn't get to eat any where Sunday, because we got stuck on Rich Mountain in fog-took us two terrifying hours to get down; couldn't see 2 feet in front of us. Subway was still open-yay Subway! Planned on going to Trailhead Monday-out of business?? Wanted to try Wings-not open Sunday, Monday or Tuesday afternoon but appeared to be open Tuesday night, after we had given up and ordered Pizza Hut. Hope they're still around next time we visit so we can give them a try.

6. Re: How late are restaurants generally open, especially Sunday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 11:16
Get answers to your questions about Townsend