We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KOA or Tremont cabin rentals?

cape girardeau, mo
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
KOA or Tremont cabin rentals?

Which campground is better? Looking to rent one of their cabins and do not know which campground has the best cabins and price. Going to be traveling with two children 9 and 3.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
135 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KOA or Tremont cabin rentals?

Avoid Tremont like the plague if you're looking for a cabin. In fact I just posted a review of what happened to us last Thanksgiving renting one of the Carnes cabins that they manage. I'll never even consider them again.

If you're looking for a cabin, the company I'd highly suggest you consider isn't a campground but rather Bearly Rustic Cabin Rentals. I've used them several times over a nearly 15 year period and always been happy with them, and their rates are very nice. You can find them online at www.bearlyrustic.com.

tennessee
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KOA or Tremont cabin rentals?

I live in Townsend. But Ive stayed in both campgrounds. They both are good campgrounds. I would say the KOA is the better of the two, has alot going on, lots of activities, movies at night outside, activities for kids. There are a couple smaller camp grounds, Lazy Daze. A quiet campground would be Mountaineer they have the camper cabins as well. All the above have Little River Access.

3. Re: KOA or Tremont cabin rentals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 10:15
Get answers to your questions about Townsend