We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting Flight in Houston

SF Bay Area
13 posts
Save Topic
Connecting Flight in Houston

I'm flying to Montreal, and I need to decide to transfer in Cleveland or Houston before hopping on an Air Canada to Montréal-Trudeau airport (YUL).

How friendly (i.e., not complicated, or as hassle-free as possible) is the George Bush Airport to connect through (in my case, to an Air Canada flight)?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

QOE
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
289 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting Flight in Houston

The biggest question is whether or not you have to change terminals. Air Canada departs from Terminal A. Depending on what airline you're arriving on, you might have to change terminals. There is an inter-terminal tram that is useful but somewhat slow.

Check out this website for more information about IAH:

http://www.fly2houston.com/iah

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,596 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting Flight in Houston

There is also a monorail-type train that connects the terminals--this is above ground and pretty quick, as opposed to the one QUO mentions above. IAH is pretty easy to navigate, and Terminal A is small compared to C or E, so it's pretty easy to make connections. Food options are more limited in A, so if you arrive in C or E and have time and need to eat, you will have more choices there.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting Flight in Houston

IAH is a very user friendly easy to navigate airport. It is not complicated at all.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,483 posts
533 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting Flight in Houston

Hi,

What airline are you flying into IAH on? That might give us a better idea of your need to change terminals. I prefer IAH to Cleveland's airport, as we do have easy options for navigating the different terminals (especially the "air train", which keeps you inside security, as you transfer fron terminal to terminal. the underground train takes you outside of security,so you need to go back through the TSA standpoint, in Terminal A).

Let us know, so we can give you further information.

cc,

Cupcake

5. Re: Connecting Flight in Houston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:15