We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

uk
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

Good Morning,

Can anybody help with a suggestion for a restaurant in Houston which would be suitable for entertaining a group of very senior management from a client of mine.

Private dining isn't necessary as it is more of a social event and there are only 6 diners.

Preferably steak/seafood in the downtown or Energy Corridor area.

Thanks!

QOE
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
289 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

Downtown I would suggest Strip House or Massa's.

http://www.striphousehouston.com/

http://www.massas.com/

Both are excellent.

Near the Energy Corridor area you can't go wrong with Taste of Texas!

http://tasteoftexas.com/restaurant/

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

The Remington which is in the Galeria area. It is the St. Regis hotel (former Ritz Carlton) restaurant - very good food, service and ambiance (my number one choice hands down). Thats where HM stayed when she was in Houston a few years back. For something different - not dined there but great reviews is the revolving floor hotel at the Hyatt called the Spindletop (Downtown). Pappa's Bros has good seafood and steaks but can be a little crowded and noisy.

Several more - I am sure others will post more, if you still haven't decided let us know.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
232 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

I second the suggestion for Taste of Texas. It is close to the energy corridor and it's kinda what people from other countries are kind of expecting to experience as far as a Texas Steakhouse. I used to work at a bar in the energy corridor so a lot of my regulars were people who worked in that area and they always brought out of town people in for drinks before or after going to Taste of Texas. They even have a butcher station where you can go pick out your steak, it's not a saw dust on the floor restaurant but it's also not a fancy pants hotel Steakhouse which you can find in every city across the world.

uk
Level Contributor
3,686 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

Thanks, I'll chech out Taste of Texas for sure.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
548 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

Center City Houston options are Reef, Damian's and Brennan's, seafood, Italian and New Orleans respectively. Of the many steakhouses in Center City, I favor 3 Forks. If you happen to be coming during the Offshore Technology Conference, make reservations as far ahead as possible.

There are at least 4 popular Pampas style steakhouses in Center City and on the west side of Houston, which is a fun format if your guests have little experience with them.

Taste of Texas is popular and is aimed largely at the lower and middle management oil patch market.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

Taste of Texas has very good food but it is a very big place and as Jackta stated not one where you want to take 'very senior management'. Another place I have never been to but heard good reviews is Mark's.

Edited: 15 March 2012, 23:41
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,667 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

Have a look at Vic and Anthony's downtown.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Houston
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
538 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

Hi,

Vic n Anthony's has an elegant, but comfortable, gentleman's library vibe, that our clients always enjoy. You can start with a drink in the bar, then move to one of the upstairs rooms for some great service, decor, and food. Each diner can order their own steak, fish, etc, and then you can order side dishes to share. We usually ask the table what they prefer, but always get the asparagus and mashed potatoes, as they go well with every entree.

Call ahead and tell the management what your event needs to be, and they will help you plan where to sit, etc.

opentable.com/vic-and-anthonys-steakhouse-ho…

hope you all enjoy!

It's also nice to go to the top of the Hilton Americas for a great martini, and an amazing view of our Texas sunsets!

enjoy!

cc,

Cupcake

9. Re: Restaurant suitable for entertaining clients.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 12:15