We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Risata vs Rama beach resort

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Risata vs Rama beach resort

I am down to 2 hotels that have availability with triple rooms. I have booked the Rama but now am not sure if i should go to the Risata as it seems closer on the map...Can you please give me your advise on both of these hotels.. Eg closeness to kuta and beach. Cleanliness of hotel, etc..

thanks

Aus
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Risata vs Rama beach resort

I have stayed at Rama many times over the years and can not fault it....it's a nice quiet place,the staff are very nice and it has the best pool......The Risata is right next door,i have looked through it but i prefer Rama....the beach is only a 2 min walk and about a 20 min walk into Kuta,or get the shuttle that Rama provide and you will be there in about 5 mins.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Risata vs Rama beach resort

Hi Janet!

So glad you managed to find somewhere for you and your family.

I did alot of research before booking the Rama Beach Hotel and really think I have hit on a winner there. Good reviews, excellent communications with the hotel staff re: booking and a great rate to boot. Can't wait to stay there next month.

Hope your holiday goes well!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Risata vs Rama beach resort

Thanks for your input, i am comfortable with the Rama and happy to stay with them..."....The Risata does have a few dodgy reviews whereas the Rama does not and the shuttle is a bonus..I am just a little worried that i will get there and the 3 beds they promised will not be there....will have to wait and see i guess, my son will give me grief if he has to sleep on a rollout as he is 5'11....I have only managed to find accommodation for the first 6 nights at Rama and then Lovina, next challenge is to find something reasonable for the following 6 nights as Rama seems to be booked out...might try up to Seminyak?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
149 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Risata vs Rama beach resort

Please let us know if you get 3 separate single beds. I'd be interested to know as I have booked 3 singles and have been advised that they are 3 separate beds.

Thanks!

Kim

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
952 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Risata vs Rama beach resort

Good luck with your decision.

I stayed at Risata in a 2BRM, sleeps 6, unit (rm 2022) in Dec. Had a king (I think) in master, 2 singles in 2nd room and a double sofa bed in lounge.

My Mum stayed in one of the single beds for 2 nights and on the pull out sofa for 1 night and said both were actually very comfortable.

There was room to put a rollaway easily in lounge/dining area if necessary although I know that is not your preference. Just letting you know for emergency that this room at Risata sleeps 5 easily.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
332 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Risata vs Rama beach resort

Just back from our second stay at the Risata, and can't fault it. We too had a 2BR unit(again), so I can't comment on the Hotel rooms. All I know is the 2 BR's are very close to the pool, were USD$185/nt and the Risata has the best wood fired pizza, served in the pool at the bar. Our kids just love it. It is the only "western" meal we let them eat in Bali.

We just emailed the Risata direct about two months before travelling, and had very prompt replies. We even worked out when we were in Ubud (3 days prior), that we had booked a day short, so we emailed the Risata and had a response and extra night stay confirmed in about 2 hours. Can't comment on the Rama, so I would say price might be your decider. We love the Tuban area as it's a bit quieter all round. Just make sure you go round to the beach and have a seafood platter at the Pantai Kuta Restaurant. You won't be disappointed there. Food at the Risata is quite expensive.

Kuta square is a leisurely 7min walk up the beach path. A bit more frenetic up Jl Kartika Plaza, but a Bluebird will set you back about Rp7,000 (80c) each way

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Risata vs Rama beach resort

Kim, I booked through Asia rooms who rang the Rama to confirm 3 beds but i have since emailed the Rama twice and as yet got no response...getting a tad worried, maybe they are on bali time :-(

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Risata vs Rama beach resort

Thanks guys, might have to look at the Risata again as time is getting on and not finding much...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Risata vs Rama beach resort

thats the bali way

i have done the same to another hotel still waiting

just ring them use a hello indonesia card cost $10 from any asian shop

chris

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Risata vs Rama beach resort

Hi Kim,

They very kindly sent me a picture of the bed and it is not a proper bed, it had fold out legs under it but looked quite large, I ended upgrading to the family suite for the 3 of them as i really do not want my son in my bed :-)