We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money exchange

Corby, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Money exchange

Currently staying in Belemadena Pueblo. Couldn't exchange money at the bank as we don't bank with them!!!! Any advice where we need to go? Thank you

11 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money exchange

Rubens Money Exchange is often recommended here on TripAdvisor. They have two offices in Benalmadena.

https://www.rubenexchange.com/

scotland
Level Contributor
20,211 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money exchange

You will more than likely get the best rate from Ruben , I'm sure another place was mentioned recently around Ave Gamonal opposite Minerva apartments ,I'm not sure what its called or will be a good rate or not .

If your bussing down from the Pueblo you want to be making a descent exchange rather than up and down every other day ....and at 1,12 its going to be better than at a bank and its charges as well .

Corby, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money exchange

Thank you so much

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money exchange

The other exchange place opposite Minerva is Osa cars. Their rates are the same as Rubens.

http://www.osacars.es/money-exchange-rates/

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money exchange

The Ben Pueblo bus stops opposite OSA on Ave Gamonal, get off at Jupiter/Minerva blocks. Ring the bell for the stop after the bus turns left off Ave Garcia Lorca by the ice rink from Arroyo.

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money exchange

PS, Smilers next door to OSA does a great breakfast and the rest of the menu looks good.(Formerly Lef`s)

Inverkip, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money exchange

Mantalk, is Lefs just a name change or new management? My go to place for breakfast!

UK/Benalmadena
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Money exchange

It's under new management, but they seem to be doing well.

Inverkip, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Money exchange

Thanks Al, will give it a go, arriving Saturday :-D

Arroyo de la Miel...
Level Contributor
17,661 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Money exchange

Lef "retired" but own the freehold. Smilers used to be by Chesters on Av Antonio Machago a few years ago, but disappeared. Now in its new guise in Lefs. (which was my number 1 breakfast before.) Only had i breakfast so far in Smilers but equalled Lef`s. Was closed wednesday when i went back again. Not sure if wed is a regular closed day as i was only over for 3 or 4 days. Think they are having a kitchen refit next day or two so may be closed just now.

Lef retired in May.

Reply to: Money exchange
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Benalmadena