We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

univ of texas in dallas

florida
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
univ of texas in dallas

have an interview at univ of texas in dallas. have never been. where should I stay? Is there easy transportation to get around?

8 replies to this topic
Dallas
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: univ of texas in dallas

It would be helpful to know how you are arriving to the Dallas area: flying into DFW? Love Field? Greyhound? Also, it would probably help to post this in the Dallas forum. What is you budget for accommodation?

You can get information on public transportation at www.dart.org; zooming in on GoogleMaps will show you bus stops and the buses that serve campus.

Mentioned in this post
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Love Field
Love Field
Dallas, TX
Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: univ of texas in dallas

DARTs light rail Red or Orane Lines connect with DARTs UTD Bus Shuttle 883 at the Bush Turnpike Station. www.dart.org/schedules/busschedules.asp…

The Orange Line is accessible from DFW Airport via bus shuttle. I believe an Orange Line shuttle is also available from Love Field.

Mentioned in this post
Love Field
Love Field
Dallas, TX
Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: univ of texas in dallas

If you have a car, it's really easy to get around. Not sure what your plan is. There is a Doubletree at the corner of Campbell and Central Expressway (75).

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
271 posts
2,366 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: univ of texas in dallas

There are several hotels within one mile of the UTD Campus. There are none within walking distance. Bus service is not the best in Dallas however the DART subway/train system is excellent. There is no DART service within walking distance of the UTD Campus. There are some buses operated by bDART that do run on the campus. You would need to contact DART for those schedules as some are actually privately operated. Having written this your best bet is to pick up a rental car at the airport. That will in turn save you a lot of money as taxi are expensive in Dallas. I live close by the campus and have one son who is a graduate. If you have other questions places post and we will try to answer.

Mentioned in this post
Dallas
Dallas
Texas
Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: univ of texas in dallas

As stated, DART bus shuttle 883 connects UTD to DART rail station. See link above.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
271 posts
2,366 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: univ of texas in dallas

dsehealth---The schedule for DART bus 883 is very good from the campus to the DART rail in Richardson as you can see from the schedule. 883 runs right by house thus I am more than familiar with that route. This route is used heavily by UTD students however there are a few that take that bus out of my neighborhood to the DART Station. You will fine if that is your only concern, traveling from UTD to the rail station is good on that line. That rail line will take you to downtown Dallas direct or to Plano direct. You can also transfer in downtown to one of the other lines. Please be specific and I will try to assist you.

Mentioned in this post
New Delhi
Level Contributor
102 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: univ of texas in dallas

Dear dsehealth

I have to attend a short course at the univ.

Would appreciate if you could advise on which hotel would be appropriate to stay in.

Big D
Destination Expert
for Tulum, Dallas
Level Contributor
14,215 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: univ of texas in dallas

There are two hotels on Campbell:

This one is on the west side Central Expressway 0 basically corner of Campbell and Central. …hilton.com/en/…index.html

And this one is on the opposite side of Central (the east side); very close to Central. …hyatt.com/hyatt/…

For a longer stay, this place might be better: …hyatt.com/hyatt/…

Reply to: univ of texas in dallas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Richardson
Recent Conversations