We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kayak

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Kayak

Any place open to launch a kayak in Fulton or Rockport to fish or fun? I want to go down just for the day, as the hotel rooms are too expensive.

5 replies to this topic
Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
1,396 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kayak

Rockport was devastated by Hurricane Harvey. I seriously doubt there is much, if anything, open at this time.

Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,851 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kayak

Rockport-Fulton is not a pretty site these days but a lot of local businesses have reopened. Here is the most current listing from the chamber of commerce:

rockport-fulton.org/media/…20Business41.pdf

You might check nearby hotel rates. The rates in Rockport may be inflated due to the demand for rooms from the service industries and government agencies there helping with the rebuild.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kayak

Thank you. They want tourists?

Edited: 04 November 2017, 06:09
Corpus Christi...
Destination Expert
for Corpus Christi
Level Contributor
6,851 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kayak

The Rockport area depends upon tourist dollars I am sure they would not turn you away...

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kayak

Thanks. The motels that are open are really high compared to last year. I want to support local Rockport, but I can't afford to spend the night. It looks like it will take several years to recover.

Reply to: Kayak
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rockport
Recent Conversations