We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rockport, TX, fishing guide

Whitehouse, Texas
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rockport, TX, fishing guide

Visiting Rockport in October and we want to do a guided bay fishing trip. Does anyone have a recommendation?

37 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Rockport, TX, fishing guide

i came here for recommendations for our spring break trip to rockport. although we have been here twice before this will be our first time fishing saltwater. I cant believe the horrible response to the family that had a bad experience with one guide! This is were people come to post their opinions and that was theirs! The unprofessional and rude reply from Frank Houser himself is ultimately made my desicion NOT to use his services. Thanks to all for the help, I will look into Ron's.

San Antonio, Texas
10 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Rockport, TX, fishing guide

Yesterday we went fishing with Rockport fishing guide Frank Houser for the second time. There were four of us and we were very comfortable on his boat. Frank knows where the fish are and he is very good at teaching inexperienced fishermen how to catch them. He is happy to bait everyone's hook, net the fish and remove the fish from the hooks. My wife enjoyed his patience helping her to cast as far as the guys. Each trip ended with fish in the cooler and Frank was happy to filet the catch. The filets are packed in baggies for easy transport. We went out on a half day fishing trip and Frank was not in a hurry to get back to the dock. He wanted to make sure that everyone had a great time. We followed his cooking tips and enjoyed fried fish for dinner last night. We are looking forward to our next Rockport fishing trip with Frank Houser.

Corpus Christi...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Rockport, TX, fishing guide

Justin is your guide for Rockport to Aransas Pass and he'll even go further south into Corpus or Baffin Bay...He normally catches the limit, sure there are bad days but he'll do what ever it takes to get you your fish... we have since then have referred others to him and they've all had a great experience and caught fish.. He's also a lot of fun ... our fist time with him, my husband took myself & 2 other girlfriends out and we had a blast with him, since then we have used him several times, heck we even got a photo of us with our Reds on his web page..... Go to www.captainjustinmachost.com... you wont be disappointed... Cyndi

Edited: 23 April 2015, 23:04
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Rockport, TX, fishing guide

I went on a fish outing with Frank Houser. I agree he knows where to find fish but recommend him to adults. He is better suited for folks wanting to drink beer and fish. He is not very patient and I do not recommend him if you have kids. I am a big believer in customer service and he lacks in that area. This is my opinion and it is not a put down. Different stroke for different folks.

San Antonio, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
25. Re: Rockport, TX, fishing guide

I would highly recommend Captain John at Redneck Outdoor Adventures & Guide Services. Awesome equipment, new boat, great guide who lives to fish and loves to see others catch fish. Great with beginners to the most seasoned fisherman.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
62 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Rockport, TX, fishing guide

For several years I have used Frank Houser as my Rockport area fishing guide. Frank is very knowledgeable and attentive to details. Every trip we have a safe and wonderful experience. I appreciate how he has taught my 9 and 12 year old daughters not only to fish but to respect the open water. Frank runs a tight ship and has taught us a lot over the years. The girls LOVE fishing with “Capt. Frank” and always are asking to go out again. Frank can be reached at (361) 229-2527 or his web page

http://www.rockportfishingcharters.com/

27. Re: Rockport, TX, fishing guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2016, 21:09

28. Re: Rockport, TX, fishing guide

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

29. Re: Rockport, TX, fishing guide

30. Re: Rockport, TX, fishing guide

Reply to: Rockport, TX, fishing guide
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rockport
Recent Conversations