We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EconoLodge, Fulton/Rockport, TX

Hillsboro, Texas...
Level Contributor
3 posts
82 reviews
EconoLodge, Fulton/Rockport, TX

How is this motel in all respects? Good and bad reviews please.

San Antonio, TX
Destination Expert
for San Antonio
Level Contributor
7,800 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: EconoLodge, Fulton/Rockport, TX

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g55…

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
427 posts
137 reviews
2. Re: EconoLodge, Fulton/Rockport, TX

We spend time here every couple of years while our boat is getting it's scheduled maintenance.We have been many times.

First you get a great breakfast.The most important meal of the day for us,since we had to get going to work at the yard each morning.

Slept good.Nice grounds.A little free wine at night, before hitting before the hay.The price is fair for what you get.No complaints.Not really sure if this is the place for you or not. I don't know what you're going down there for.Just my two centavos.

Hillsboro, Texas...
Level Contributor
3 posts
82 reviews
3. Re: EconoLodge, Fulton/Rockport, TX

Thank you for your info. We are just going down for a week to get away from the cold here in North Central TX Since my mother is in an assisted liviing here, we cannot be gone too long but we might look into finding a monthly rental while we are there for next winter. Do you know of any of the realtors who might be good to help us in that respect? What is on their breakfast menu? The posts I've seen about this motel is that the food is great.

Edited: 11 November 2016, 00:20
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
427 posts
137 reviews
4. Re: EconoLodge, Fulton/Rockport, TX

I don't know any Realtors in the area. But you could try VRBO. Also you can look around while you're down there. I don't really know your budget. But there's a lot of neat little places down there.

As far as breakfast. It's just your typical bacon, eggs, grits, sausage,pancakes and so on.But it is all cooked fresh.

Hillsboro, Texas...
Level Contributor
3 posts
82 reviews
5. Re: EconoLodge, Fulton/Rockport, TX

That's more than LaQuinta serves. We have to pick a motel that's pet friendly because we travel with an 8 lb pup. We will check on places when we go down. Thanks for the info.

Upper Michigan
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
6. Re: EconoLodge, Fulton/Rockport, TX

We rent a house each year from copanovacationrentals.com The monthly rates are pretty good, and she is really great to work with. All of their houses are on water, I believe. There are several others that I've seen around, like Miss Kitty's Fishing Getaways, but I've never dealt with them.

We have a 95 pound labrador, so pet friendly is crucial for us as well!

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
49 reviews
7. Re: EconoLodge, Fulton/Rockport, TX

I would personally not choose an EconoLodge. Have you looked at the other options?

My favorite and it would also be great for a Senior Citizen is the Lighthouse.

http://www.lighthousetexas.com

8. Re: EconoLodge, Fulton/Rockport, TX

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2018, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Rockport
Recent Conversations