We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
985 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

Hi! We're driving around the NE States to see fall foliage. Starting from Brattleboro (where we're staying overnight), we plan to do a day drive to Vermont, VT on Rte 100 (as recommended for its scenic drive). Could someone please suggests a few stops along the way to take in fantastic views of scenery and local flavor of NE. I enjoy photography and the landscape I envision to shoot are the colors of fall, steeples, farms, livestock, barns, covered bridges, etc.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,244 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

While your question as written doesn't make any sense, I think you are trying to go from Brattleboro northward on rt 100. This road is very scenic with places to stop in each village as you head north. Weston is probably the best known village along the road. Since photography is so dependent on time, weather, etc, I would rather just tell you to stop where ever you see something picture worthy.

There are many maps of Vt and prior posts as well as websites with info on covered bridges. Steeples are pretty easy to find. Towns in southern vt to consider include W. Dover, Newfane, Jamaica, Peru, Dorset, Arlington, and just about everyplace except Manchester by the outlets and Rutland

Mentioned in this post
Dover
Dover
Vermont
Newfane
Newfane
Vermont
Jamaica
Jamaica
Vermont
Peru
Peru
South America
Dorset
Dorset
England, UK
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Rutland
Rutland
Vermont
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
985 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

Sorry I confused you. I left out on my post that we are going northward on rt 100. Yes, I see those towns on the map and I'll take note of it.

I've read prior posts about Woodstock. Perhaps, if time permits, it will be a worthwhile detour from rte 100.

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Woodstock
Woodstock
Vermont
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,244 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

it would if time permits.

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
985 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

:) :) :)

Southern VT
Destination Expert
for Vermont
Level Contributor
1,236 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

I hope that you realize that Brattleboro is in VT not MA. If you tell us when you are coming to Vermont, and how long you are staying, we can better help direct you to locations for scenic foliage.

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
985 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

For photography tips, perhaps contact the publisher of Vermont Life magazine as it well known for is photography of Vermont. I believe the small town of Peacham is one of the most photgraphed towns in Vermont. I have not been there myself :(

Mentioned in this post
Vermont
Vermont
United States
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
985 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

NBPINVT ...I got myself all so confused!!! Travel date is mid-Oct. staying two days, one night in Stowe, VT. I know it's too short; it would be helpful to know (in advance) on where to stop for scenic foliage photography. I'm aware it may not be Vermon't peak but colorful leaves on the ground are still gorgeous to photograph. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Stowe
Stowe
Vermont
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
985 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

thanks, davebvt....great suggestion!

9. Re: From Brattleboro, MA to Vermont, VT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 19:15
Get answers to your questions about Brattleboro