We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber/Lyft or Car Rental from Burlington to Richford, VT?

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Uber/Lyft or Car Rental from Burlington to Richford, VT?

My family of 4 (2 adults, and 2 small kids) are flying into Burlington, VT this week to visit my mother-in-law. She lives in Richford, VT (about 1.5 to 2 hours away). She was supposed to pick us up from the airport, however today she broke her wrist, and can't drive. We are planning to rent a car from the airport for a week, however the rental prices I'm getting quoted are around $225+ min. Out of curiosity, I did a round trip fare estimate (between Burlington airport and Richford) on Uber, and was quoted under $200. We are thinking this may be a more economical option, since we will have access to my mother-in-law's car once we are in Richford to get around during the week. Just wondering how reliable Uber or Lyft is in Vermont -- particularly Richford. I figure that in Burlington, it's pretty reliable. Thanks!

2 replies to this topic
Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,110 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Uber/Lyft or Car Rental from Burlington to Richford, VT?

I'm just guessing but I don't think I'd want to rely on getting any sort of Uber/Lyft FROM Richford, to Burlington to catch a flight. Every Uber/Lyft driver is basically going to be based around the Burlington area, so it's much more likely that you'll find one on duty and willing to make the drive to Richford, but finding one to drive to Richford to pick you up, I would think could be difficult.

I would call one of the cab companies and see if you can confirm a ride with them. I know that Green Cab based out of Burlington has a pretty good reputation for reliability and doing airport transfers from outside of the Burlington area.

New York
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Uber/Lyft or Car Rental from Burlington to Richford, VT?

Thank you. I'll check that out.

Reply to: Uber/Lyft or Car Rental from Burlington to Richford, VT?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted