We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub crawl south burlington

Albany NY
Level Contributor
130 posts
Save Topic
Pub crawl south burlington

We are coming for a quick first visit next week Monday thru Wednesday staying two nights at the Lang House on Main Street. My hubby and I are looking an to wander Church street and enjoy what this little town has to offer. We are I believe in walking distance to most everything. I had a couple of questions:

1. Which pubs or wine bars do you recommend us trying from the Lang House...like a crawl but nothing official of course.....a Mao would be great!!!

2. I know it is early in the week but is there anywhere that has live music near there on either Monday or Tuesday night?

3. Is there anywhere that has oysters?

4. We are driving from Albany NY...where are there some wineries or breweries to stop along the way to South Burlington?

Any advice would be appreciated,

Katy

Mentioned in this post
Bistro De Margot
$$$$, French, Contemporary, European
Pho Hong
$, Asian, Vietnamese
Penny Cluse Cafe
$$ - $$$, American, Cafe, Contemporary
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,419 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub crawl south burlington

Others can add their insights. My 2 cents....

1 & 2. There are several dozen good pubs. 4 favs are... VT Pub and Brewery, The 1/2 Lounge, 3 Needs, and Halvorsens (which has music several days/week).

3. Oysters can prolly be had at The Shanty on the Shore, Leunigs, and perhaps the Ice House. (All within ~6 blocks of each other, in downtown BTV.)

4. Magic Hat in S. Burlington. And here are some others, on/near Rt. 7:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer…

Edited: 22 April 2016, 09:55
Mentioned in this post
Shanty On The Shore
Shanty On The Shore
513 Reviews
Burlington, VT
Leunig's Bistro
Leunig's Bistro
1,363 Reviews
Burlington, VT
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,419 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub crawl south burlington

One other excellent higher-end pub is Leunigs - both their street-level (with music several nights/wk) and their 2nd floor bar/restaurant area, overlooking Church St.

Mentioned in this post
Leunig's Bistro
Leunig's Bistro
1,363 Reviews
Burlington, VT
Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,014 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub crawl south burlington

Just walk and explore, no need to plan anything out. From Lang House, walk down Main to the intersection with Church Street (which is Burlington by the way, not South Burlington). That's the hub of the bar scene, and from there head up Church, and peer down the side streets. Live music at Nectar's on Main Street many nights of the week and is an eclectic local scene. As you walk around that intersection, and then up Church, you can't miss the bars. Manhattan Pizza at Church/Main has a huge selection of local and regional beers. Pine Street heading south from downtown has 4 breweries that you can visit. Before getting into Burlington, in the town of Shelburne you will pass Fiddlehead Brewery which is well worth a stop for a growler of IPA.

Mentioned in this post
Nectar's
Nectar's
35 Reviews
Burlington, VT
Shelburne
Shelburne
Vermont
4. Re: Pub crawl south burlington

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2017, 12:16