We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jay Peak in the Summer

NJ
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Jay Peak in the Summer

Hi!

We are going to Vermont this summer. Burlington, Stowe, etc. Then my kids saw the Jay Peak Pump house online and wanted to go. So I booked two nights. We don't ski, so its kind ironic we are going to a ski resort- but it'll be the summer. Anyone been there in the summer? Obviously the pump house is the big draw. I would like to do the tram ride to the top of the mountain. It seems isolated (I warned my kids) so what else would you recommend?

thanks!

4 replies to this topic
conn
Level Contributor
1,831 posts
148 reviews
1. Re: Jay Peak in the Summer

Yes it's isolated. Pumphouse is huge, even has surfing.

Montgomery Center...
Level Contributor
11 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: Jay Peak in the Summer

The town of Montgomery at the base of the mountain (7 miles) has great family friendly restaurants (and, too late, better lodging). Ben & Jerrys ice cream factory is just 50 mins away. Lots of outdoor activities in the area including hikes and old fashioned swimming holes.

Albany, NY
Level Contributor
1,219 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Jay Peak in the Summer

There is also golf and ice skating in the summer. If you have passports, the Eastern Townships of Quebec are only a few miles away, and suddenly you are in French speaking Canada.

Chesapeake City...
Level Contributor
371 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Jay Peak in the Summer

We hiked up Jay via the Long Trail (1.7 mi). Trail head not far from the resort. Also rode the tram to the top. Definitely isolated. Hazen's Notch was neat to explore (hiking). Driving around we found a couple of swimming holes...just look for water & a group of people ;)

Reply to: Jay Peak in the Summer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jay