We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family restaurants around the Pump house. Jay peak resorts

Montreal, Canda
Level Contributor
17 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Family restaurants around the Pump house. Jay peak resorts

Im thinking of taking 2 children to the Pump House in December. Can anyone recommend the following: 1) Family friendly restaurants (preferably with kids menus)

2) Any kid friendly activities in that area (other than the pump house).

Im coming in from Montreal - can anyone recommend anything on the way? Willing to spend 1 night in a town on the way...

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
7 replies to this topic
Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family restaurants around the Pump house. Jay peak resorts

Outside of the resort the dining options are pretty limited. The Pump House serves food and I believe has a kids menu (my son got chicken fingers and fries when we were there). The food was just okay, nothing special. Down in Montgomery Center there are a couple of restaurants. The Snowshoe is more of a bar, but kids could eat there and they have burgers, soups, pub food. Your best bet for a sit down meal with a kids menu is probably at one of the Jay Peak restaurants like the Foundry. jaypeakresort.com/things-to-do/…

There is not a lot to do between Montreal and Jay Peak in December. We love the Eastern Townships north of Jay Peak on your side of the border, but they are not really kids destinations and December is probably not a good month to visit.

Mentioned in this post
Jay Peak Resort
Jay Peak Resort
1,397 Reviews
Jay, VT
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Eastern Townships
Eastern Townships
Quebec, Canada
Montreal, Canda
Level Contributor
17 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family restaurants around the Pump house. Jay peak resorts

Thank you for the info!. I was searching around and I read reviews for Bernie's and the Belfry. Have you been to either?

Can you recommend any good shopping around there?

Mentioned in this post
The Belfry
The Belfry
207 Reviews
Montgomery Center, VT
Burlington, Vermont
Destination Expert
for Burlington
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family restaurants around the Pump house. Jay peak resorts

I have not been to those. Not much shopping up that way either. Maybe spend a night in Burlington where there are lots of shops and restaurants. The lights will be up for Christmas in December and it's very pretty.

Mentioned in this post
Ormond Beach...
Destination Expert
for Vermont, Ormond Beach
Level Contributor
9,413 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family restaurants around the Pump house. Jay peak resorts

Another vote for a day/night in Burlington. Lots of shops, restaurants, music, pubs, etc...

Mentioned in this post
conn
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family restaurants around the Pump house. Jay peak resorts

Jay Peak resort is remote. The Pump House is great for kids and the resorts restaurants have ok food, but are pricey. Depending on how long your staying in the area, a night in Stowe or Burlington might be a good addition.

Mentioned in this post
Jay Peak Resort
Jay Peak Resort
1,397 Reviews
Jay, VT
Stowe
Stowe
Vermont
Burlington, Vermont
Level Contributor
139 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Family restaurants around the Pump house. Jay peak resorts

Jay Village Inn is an option...I believe they have a kids menu. Jay Country store makes great sandwiches. Newport is approximately 40 minutes east. There are a few decent restaurants in that area.

Mentioned in this post
Jay Village Inn
Jay Village Inn
89 Reviews
Jay, VT
Jay
Jay
Northeast Kingdom, VT
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
Montgomery Center...
Level Contributor
11 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Family restaurants around the Pump house. Jay peak resorts

Bernie's is extremely family-friendly. The Belfry is too, but during ski season there can be a wait, which isn't a great thing with little kids. The food at both is great! Anyone staying at Jay Peak is cheating themselves if they can't take a 7-mile drive down to Montgomery and enjoy the great restaurants, bars and nightlife this "Fun Side of Jay Peak" ski town offers.

Mentioned in this post
The Belfry
The Belfry
207 Reviews
Montgomery Center, VT
Jay Peak Resort
Jay Peak Resort
1,397 Reviews
Jay, VT
Reply to: Family restaurants around the Pump house. Jay peak resorts
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jay