We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does this sound ?

Carle Place, New...
Level Contributor
708 posts
Save Topic
How does this sound ?

We are planning a trip from May15 - 18, driving down from NY.

Leaving early on Thurs 5/15...we figure about 6-7 hrs drive.

Check into hotel - Hampton Inn Waterfront.

Lunch @ Bill's Seafood then drive to the Natl Wildlife Refuge...check out beach.

After 3 or 4 pm - will drive the wildlife loop.

Dinner @ AJs on the Creek.

Next day, Fri 5/16, drive back up to the MD side..bringing lunch from the SeaStar Cafe.

Explore that side returning to VA to have dinner at Etta's Channel Side.

Last full day, Sat 5/17, take a morning refuge bus tour, have lunch at Bloxom winery, do some shopping, then a sunset boat tour - dinner at the Village either before of after boat tour ????

Sunday 5/18...relax before heading home. 8(

Does this sound doable ? Any other recomendations ?

Thank you SO much !

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
541 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does this sound ?

Wow - I want your trip! It does all sound doable and perfectly lovely. Depending on the weather, I'd suggest that you try to fit in sitting by the bay to watch the sunsets. There are benches at the downtown waterfront park. Also, we've got many lovely shops downtown - my personal favorites are Flying Fish, Sundial Books and Threadgoodes. While on Main Street, be sure to check out Misty's hoofprints in front of the movie theatre. Finally, I really like Poseidon's Pantry for a take-away lunch. Very nice people & amazing food! Hope your trip is wonderful!

Carle Place, New...
Level Contributor
708 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How does this sound ?

Thanks so much Tina !

Our hotel is waterfront and I am requesting a room with a balcony facing the water. Hope to have a drink there while watching the sunset.

Is there a shop in town that sells wine and gourmet foods ? I thought I read about it on TA. They are supposed to sell "smoker bags" for grilling and I'd like to get some.

We'll definately try Poseidon's Pantry.

Thanks for the tip on Misty's footprints. I knew about Misty & Stormy @ the Chincoteague Museum - but not the footprints. Think perhaps I'd rather see those. Not too fond of taxidermy.

Chincoteague Island
Destination Expert
for Chincoteague Island
Level Contributor
541 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does this sound ?

There is a wine shop on Main Street called Wine Cheese and More. I would imagine that they might have the smoker bags. Poseidon is more of what I would call a gourmet shop, however, so it might be there. They are on Maddox between the Creamery (do NOT skip that) and Mr. Whippy.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does this sound ?

I have bought the smoker bags in the Wine Cheese and More shop on Main. It has some interesting things.

Carle Place, New...
Level Contributor
708 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How does this sound ?

Thanks all for your ideas !

Baldwin, Maryland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How does this sound ?

Did you make it to Bloxom Winery? If so, did you enjoy it?

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
7,067 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does this sound ?

I'm not the OP, but we went to Bloxom for lunch about 3 years ago; it was very good Margherita pizza and wine on the outdoor patio, very relaxing place to be.

Edited: 22 June 2014, 00:59
Baldwin, Maryland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: How does this sound ?

Zoey

Thanks.

Tom

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How does this sound ?

We just returned for the Chincoteague. The Hampton Waterfront was awesome!! I'd recommend Daisy's for the sunset cruise. They also offer a dinner cruise in July which hadn't started yet when we were there. When you enter the refuge area was for fields to the right - the ponies are usually out there :)

10. Re: How does this sound ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 June 2015, 12:15