I did a lot of gardening last week & again have poison ivy. Just thought I'd let visitors to the island know - we have a lot of poison ivy here! Be careful when hiking - it's very sneaky! One bright note - our local pharmacy (H&H on Maddox Blvd) has an EXCELLENT over the counter lotion - great for mosquito or fly bites as well as poison ivy. It's called "Bite & Itch Lotion" and costs about $6. It lasts forever since you only need a little bit to feel better.
Also - one hint, don't go into the woods wearing flip flops!