We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dog friendly beach stays w/ 1-2 day side trip to the islands

Clifton Park, New...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dog friendly beach stays w/ 1-2 day side trip to the islands

I love the ocean and want to take a vacation this summer with my two medium sized dogs. I read Misty as a child and would love to spend a day or two on the islands. Since this is understandably not a great place to take your dogs to the beach, does anyone know of some good beach locations in which to stay for the remainder of the week, located between NYC and Chincoteague? I'm coming from upstate NY which will be about an 8 hour drive so preferably somewhere along the way. Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dog friendly beach stays w/ 1-2 day side trip to the islands

if you like to travel with your dogs, you should be familiar with this website. Delaware would make a nice stop along the way for you. Here are beaches in Delaware that are dog-friendly:

bringfido.com/attraction/…

Mentioned in this post
Delaware
Delaware
United States
2. Re: Dog friendly beach stays w/ 1-2 day side trip to the islands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2016, 13:15
Get answers to your questions about Chincoteague Island