We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat rented- where to fish, sightsee

3 posts
Save Topic
Boat rented- where to fish, sightsee

My husband and I, plus two other couples (no kids!) will be visiting in July. This will be my third trip, but usually with my parents. We are staying at By the Seashore and have rented a 16ft boat for the week we will be staying.

In the past we have fished around the "fish farm" which I hear is no longer there (it's been a while since we last visited!) What are some other great options for bottom fishing? Not really interested in trolling.

Also, we have spent many hours at what we called "sand dollar island" where there is a beautiful beach on one side of the small island and a Ricky carved staircase down to deeper water on the other side of the island. We love it there, but I was wondering about other hidden gems we should try to discover from the boat!

Thanks in advance!

Spanish Wells Fishing
Scuba & Snorkeling, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
Tyman Fishing
Fishing Charters & Tours
Capt. Kid & Son Charters
Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
6 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat rented- where to fish, sightsee

Can't tell you about best spots, but if it is blue and wet , you have the right spot.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat rented- where to fish, sightsee

So how was your trip? I have the same question for my upcoming trip in March. Did you find other spots on your boat that you would recommend?

3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat rented- where to fish, sightsee

Trip was amazing, as usual! We did make it out to what I remember calling Sand Dollar island but it wasn't as pretty as I remembered (time ages us all right!) But, there is a new place the locals call sand dollar island that looks beautiful. We didn't make it there on this trip but will when we go back in July! Another great spot we found was just around the corner from Ridely Head on Eleuthera. Very pretty small beach and great snorkeling! Can't really recommend amazing fishing spots as we didn't have a ton of luck. We had an overcast, rainy week so boating wasn't always an option but it was still a great trip. We just love SW!

New York, NY
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat rented- where to fish, sightsee

Can you please tell me who you rented the boat through? We are looking for something for March.

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat rented- where to fish, sightsee

If you are staying on Spanish Wells, Harbourside rents boats. It's just as you get off the ferry - they rent golf carts among other things, and have a nice gift shop, too!

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat rented- where to fish, sightsee

We rented through our realtor (Lorraine Rowan) for our trip this past summer but Harbourside Rentals has very comparable rates as well.

Reply to: Boat rented- where to fish, sightsee
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Spanish Wells
Recent Conversations