We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casablanca to Safi..

Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
Casablanca to Safi..
Save

Can any one please tell me what is the best way of transportation for 2 travelers to go from Casablanca to Safi? We prefer public transportation (buses or trains). Thank you for your help.

6 replies to this topic
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
16,109 posts
67 reviews
82 helpful votes
1. Re: Casablanca to Safi..
Save

Safi is at the end of a spur line from Benguérir, a stop on the Casablanca to Marrakech line (closer to Marrakech than Casablanca). There's only two trains per day and it's likely you will find it more convenient to travel by bus or collective grand taxi (pay for four seats so you get the whole of the back seat to yourself).

What does your guidebook recommend? And if you don't have one, I suggest you get one.

Edited: 6 years ago
Seminole, Florida
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Casablanca to Safi..
Save

Timculis, Thank you very much for your advice. I believe I'd be better off renting a car from Casablanca and driving down to Safi. It will be an added opportunity to explore some little villages along the way and onto Marrakech. Kindest regards.

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
Level Contributor
16,109 posts
67 reviews
82 helpful votes
3. Re: Casablanca to Safi..
Save

In which case, check out Oualidia, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0fx5ZjVfA

And http://looklex.com/morocco/oualidia.htm

Safi is particularly good for pottery as this is where much of it is made. Some fabulous deals compared to elsewhere in Morocco, and many places have prices marked up.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
4. Re: Casablanca to Safi..
Save

Hi Sulimans! Did you go through with your trip yet? I am doing the same distance the other way around. Hope to hear about your experience :)

/Meri, Oslo, Norway

5. Re: Casablanca to Safi..

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 January 2015, 19:39

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
13 helpful votes
6. Re: Casablanca to Safi..
Save

Hello, I wanted to know if you had suggestions for cheap places to stay in Safi. I see what's listed here, but I looking for something more in the less than 100 dirham per night range. Thank you

Reply to: Casablanca to Safi..
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Safi
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Malaysia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.