We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Cadiz Lover or Los Canos visitors

US
Level Contributor
20 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Cadiz Lover or Los Canos visitors

Dear Cadiz Lover,

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful information your provide in these forums. I have found much of it helpful and all of it interesting.

I am planning to travel to Costa Luz in the end of July 2007 with my husband and three children ages 15 and 20 year old twins. They are all fascinated travelers and all of us love the sea. I have been looking at various towns and accommodations and became interested in Los Canos de Meca. But I think the reviews I read were not of the town in mid summer. Can you tell me much about Los Canos?

There is one review of the Hotel Madreselva on Tripadvisor that basically describes the town in summer as not very attractive, clogged with traffic, and filled with drunken pot smoking twenty year olds who sleep on the dirty beaches. This is in pretty stark contrast to other reviews which glowed with descriptions of beautiful stretches of pristine beach, little coves, a friendly kind of bohemian town where you could eat, listen to music and socialize on the beach each evening. And an area that still attracted more local visitors than foreign tourists. Could the two be so different because of seasons? Since we are going in mid-summer, we would have to pay attention to what the town is like at that time of year.

We were interested in the Madreselva because it seems to be right on the beach, but maybe not so interested in the 24 hour party, and definately not some of the rest of the negative review. I had also considered staying in Vejer, which seems lovely, but if the beach traffic is heavy in the summer it may be difficult to spend time exploring the coast, or just running down to the beach, from there. The last thing is that I just noticed lodgings called Hacienda Sajorami, which seems from its map to be closer to Zahora than to Los Canos. It is supposed to be on the beach, but I haven't found much information about it so I wondered whether you have seen it .

I would be grateful for any opinions or advice you have the time to give.

Thanks very much,

Diane

IF THERE ARE OTHERS FAMILIAR WITH THIS AREA, WHO HAVE COMMENTS, I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE THEM AS WELL!

Mentioned in this post
Cadiz
Cadiz
Costa de la Luz, Spain
Luz
Luz
Faro District, Portugal
Los Canos de Meca
Los Canos de Meca
Barbate, Spain
Los Caños de Meca
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Question for Cadiz Lover or Los Canos visitors

Hi Diane,

After just reading the various postings, and living in Los Caños for last 20 years, am wondering what your experience was like in or around Caños this summer :-)

I myself try not to be around in August, though it is a lot of fun and beautifull.

All the best,

Karen

www.casaskaren.com

UK
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: Question for Cadiz Lover or Los Canos visitors

hello... my girlfriend and i are looking for a nice quiet beachy place to spend 2 weeks in June. we will be taking her 3 year old son and los canos de meca sounds lovely. would you really advise against visiting this place with a young child? we are all quite open minded ;)

13. Re: Question for Cadiz Lover or Los Canos visitors

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 15:18
Get answers to your questions about Los Canos de Meca