We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars near Sol Guadalupe

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
249 posts
2 reviews
Bars near Sol Guadalupe

We have just booked this hotel for August after reading the excellent reviews, can you tell us are there Many bars around us, we will visit the strip but only early evening as we are in our 50s so will be home before the youngsters come out, we like a bit of Karaoke, live music etc., also any nice pubs for tea as we are just bed and breakfast.

Are we near the beach, and are there any good boat trips.

Thanks

18 replies to this topic
Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,610 posts
100 reviews
1. Re: Bars near Sol Guadalupe

Loads of bars near you, not as manic as the strip.

Magaluf, Spain
Level Contributor
194 posts
41 reviews
2. Re: Bars near Sol Guadalupe

Hi Sol Guadalupe is a good choice of hotel and location. The other end of the resort from the “strip” but nice beach a very short walk away with a promenade of bars and restaurants to chose from. Across from the hotel you have choices of bars and eating places. You will find bars that suit your own taste ie karaoke , live music , sports bars or a place to chill out. We enjoy our Sat night all year at Manos Bar opposite your hotel. Very busy , friendly and drinks /measures at reasonable prices. You will enjoy the resort and have a good holiday. We are in our 60’s , retired here and love it

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Bars near Sol Guadalupe

We stayed quadalupe couple years back it was brill hotel, make sure you pay extra for pool view as you don’t want to be facing the apartments on the back. Piano bar every night for us brill, if Britannia bar got entertainment on, that was always good. If your wanting a cheap pint we went to Willies for a few a 1 Euro a pint quiet atmosphere but musics good. Manis years ago was always a good laugh but we stopped going there as when we were last there totally ripped off u ask for a drink, they show u the bottles with the branded name on but when u taste it it’s not defo not its local so watch out for that one. We went to magaluf for 35 years plus then went over to palma nova but just jumped taxi into magaluf I’ve lived the place for years and we not young but always think we are we just watched the place go downhill however reading the many reviews of how they putting a lot of money into the area and it all looks positive, hopefully it will become the fantastic resort it always was. The beaches are fab just across road from quadalupe, bus stops outside for Santa ponsa 15 mins on bus) and other lovely resorts. Plenty food places to eat and 10 mins walk into palma nova. This will be our 4th year since we haven’t been and getting tempted to go back we just felt a bit unsafe in the area t night well I did so we now go to Cala Millor / Cala Bona which is fantastic I love it just the same as magaluf but am sure I will go back there and I would stay again in the quadalupe as it’s ideal spot so u get your sleep aswell but everything u need is close by.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
249 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Bars near Sol Guadalupe

Thank You all for the info, we have booked pool view, glad about that as I am a very light sleeper, the place sounds perfect for us can't wait to go now, we went to Cali Bona last year and although it was very pretty and clean we found it too quiet for our liking and we never got to the beach as it was so small and crowded, we were in Magaluf many years ago but our hotel backed onto the strip and the noise when people were going home in the early hours was unbelievable, looks like I have got it right this time.

Any favourite eating places, we are happy with Bar meals, maybe a nice Chinese or Indians one night and I have to have my Sunday roast wherever we go.

Also does the hotel provided toiletries for the whole stay.

Level Contributor
21 posts
5. Re: Bars near Sol Guadalupe

Omg I stayed at this hotel in 1987 on my first holiday without my parent about 20 boy and girls went yes there are a number of bars just across the street is manos bar still going must go back to this part again staying in Santa Ponsa this year not to far might pop over

Level Contributor
21 posts
6. Re: Bars near Sol Guadalupe

Omg I stayed at this hotel in 1987 on my first holiday without my parent about 20 boy and girls went yes there are a number of bars just across the street is manos bar still going must go back to this part again staying in Santa Ponsa this year not to far might pop over

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
330 posts
26 reviews
7. Re: Bars near Sol Guadalupe

Gazza3666 yes mano’sstill thete and we were aldi thereover 30 years ago when they had the ‘duck’ omg what a laugh that was my hubby said he had never seen anyone jump over a table from standing position not knockin any drinks over with fear LOL he had that duck everywhere! It’s not like that anymore we went every year to magaluf for well over 30 years loved the place stopped goin about 4 years ago this year🙁 will go back tho one day. Guadalupe was fantastic hotel when we were there memories eh!

Devon, United...
Level Contributor
644 posts
46 reviews
8. Re: Bars near Sol Guadalupe

Can't believe the Piano Bar hasn't been mentioned as it is only a couple of minutes from the hotel, by the roundabout. Best bar in Magaluf especially for the 40s to 60s. Glad you got a pool side room. Some of the ones on the other side facing the Sol Y Vera are very noisey at most times of the day and night.

Newcastle Upon Tyne
Level Contributor
249 posts
2 reviews
9. Re: Bars near Sol Guadalupe

I have seen the Piano bar mentioned a lot so yes will be paying a visit or two, maybe more.

What's the best pub to get Sunday Lunch please.

Also any good boat trips worth doing, not booze ones.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
60 posts
28 reviews
10. Re: Bars near Sol Guadalupe

Eastenders do a Sunday Carvery but a 15 min walk,plenty of other places around,for good quality food we ate at Pirates and Foxys on Magalluf beach.

Reply to: Bars near Sol Guadalupe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Magaluf
Recent Conversations