We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boeing Tours

Melbourne
Level Contributor
129 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boeing Tours

We would like to do the Boeing tour and the Future of Flight centre tour. We are confused as to whether or not these are the same tour. Can someone please advise how we can get to this tour from Seattle without a car? Does anyone have an estimate of this additional cost on top of the tour tickets? As this appears to be the Number 1 attraction of Seattle we would very much like to do this, but are unsure of how to go about it. We would be available to go on a Monday.

6 replies to this topic
Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,562 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boeing Tours

The FoF is a sort of exhibition hall that you visit in conjunction with the factory tour, almost a waiting area for those who are starting the next tour session.

Without a car, you can use one of the tours, for example Gray Line - graylineseattle.com/sightseeingtours.cfm/mod…

Their tour costs $55 from Seattle; the admission to the FoF/tour is $18, so you're paying $37 for the bus ride. If there are more than 2 of you going, renting a car for the day might become price-competitive.

It's very important to note that Boeing doesn't allow kids less than 4 feet (100 cm) tall to go on the factory tour; it's also not appropriate for people with moderate or worse mobility issues. www.futureofflight.org

As for it being the No. 1 attraction locally, no way. It's way behind the Pike Market, and for aviation buffs, I'd put it way behind the Museum of Flight in Seattle - www.museumofflight.org - which often is confused with the FoF due to the silly naming convention Boeing created.

Edited: 24 June 2011, 02:15
seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
20,163 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boeing Tours

the list of attractions has nothing to do with its 'favorite' its based on the # of reviews etc.

Future of Flight is easy to access with public transport. The 124 bus stops at the door. The Boeing Factory tour is north of downtown and much more difficult to get to without a car. Look at

toursofseattle.com

as a good company for this. The actual tour is done by the Boeing people so your just paying for the transport.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
7,562 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boeing Tours

>> Future of Flight is easy to access with public transport. The 124 bus stops at the door. <<

Thus proving my point. The MUSEUM of Flight is accessed by the 124 bus. The FUTURE of Flight is the Boeing tour site, and very hard to reach using public transit.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boeing Tours

For what it's worth, I enjoyed the factory tour more than the Museum of Flight, but I like flying and not necessarily historical aspects of it (if that makes sense). ibgardyloo's advice to rent a car to potentially save money is spot on, and it's an easy highway drive to get there.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
345 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boeing Tours

I took the Boeing tour today and used public transport to get there. It saved me 30$ so thought I might help others find the right info on how to do it.

I started in Chinatown and took bus 511 from Jackson/4th street to Lynnwood Trasit Centre (about 40 minutes). This bus goes all the way through downtown, so you can also pick it up further downtown,

At Lynnwood you transfer to the 113 bus to Mukilteo (at bay B3) and get off at Highway 525/84th Street (another 40 minutes). From here it's a short uphill walk to Boeing.

Cost: US$ 5.25 one way

You can plan your trip on this website (for Boeing type: Future of Flight Museum). www.commtrans.org/BusService/TripPlanner.cfm

western WA
Level Contributor
8,997 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boeing Tours

Thanks for posting this information, Anna!

Reply to: Boeing Tours
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Everett