We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Details about the Jimmy Buffet concert in early July ...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
120 reviews
Details about the Jimmy Buffet concert in early July ...

Questions about the concert: may one bring in a folded beach chair without the case? Is there food one can purchase on the grounds? Does one need bug spray? Is an 8pm arrival good timing?

Your input would be appreciated.

7 replies to this topic
Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,759 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: Details about the Jimmy Buffet concert in early July ...

This link should help you. Have fun!!

…greenbrier.com/greenbrier-classic/tournamen…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: Details about the Jimmy Buffet concert in early July ...

Thank you for your assistance beachlady3.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,985 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Details about the Jimmy Buffet concert in early July ...

Think we received a list of rules with our tickets. Guess I should be reading them before heading that way. Friend lives in Lewisburg and gave me some pointers.

I've heard folding chair is allowed but no bag. I'd say bug spray would definitely be needed but like on an airline they might not allow liquids. Spray or rub it on before or try some of those clip on tags.

One bottle of water allowed. Has to be unopened. If cap is loose or swig out of it. They pour it out. Not sure about food on site.

I would say 8pm arrival would be way too late. Traffic will be bad. I'm figuring on hitting the area mid afternoon if not earlier. Should be some interesting goings on in the lots before the show.

We've been to concerts at the State Fair before. Getting out of town afterwards is a nightmare.We're playing everything by ear right now. Packing truck for two day adventure. We have tent that fits in PU truck bed. If we have to and they allow it we might just set up for the night in the parking lot for the night.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
120 reviews
4. Re: Details about the Jimmy Buffet concert in early July ...

Hello pop2748: You suggest coming into the Fairgrounds in late afternoon ... any specific timeframe? Also, is there food and drink to purchase once inside? Thanks for your comment about bug repellent: will apply before I leave our car.

charleston, wv
Level Contributor
2,985 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Details about the Jimmy Buffet concert in early July ...

Other than knowing my way in and out of Lewisburg I'm going in about as blind as you are. If I have my info right the concert isn't inside the fairgrounds. There is a large hillside amphitheater across the road from the fairgrounds.

From the interstate you'll be approaching on south RT 219. Into center of Lewisburg. Main intersection in town is RT 60. Cross RT 60 and continue through Lewisburg on RT219.

Through residential area and over small hill. Down the other side you'll come into a more commercial area. Stores, shops, fast food.

Pretty much out of Lewisburg now. Now in Fairlea. Just before fairground the road splits. South RT 219 goes down one side of fairgrounds. At far end it crosses back over and north RT 219 runs back along other side of fairgrounds. Pull up map and satellite image. It all makes sense.

On the southbound side. Maybe half way past the fairgrounds on your left. You'll see a foot bridge crossing the road from the right. Over to the right is the parking lot and somewhere over around the parking lot is the amphitheater.

If I'm understanding things right the parking lot is also used by people going to the actual golf tournament. Combination of the two events..... That lot is going to fill up fast. Golf fans leaving as Phloks of Parrotheads arrive. Could be a major cluster.

For the State Fair anybody with a front yard or a parking lot opens it up to fairgoers for a fee. Not sure what the story is for the concerts. My guess is if you can find a spot. Grab it. If food isn't available and you're there early enough walk back down the street to fast food. Knowing the neighborhood. Wouldn't surprise me if people didn't have grills set up to help feed the masses. (for a price)

Again. I really don't know what to expect. If I learn more I'll pass the info along.

Any Beach
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach, North Myrtle Beach, West Virginia
Level Contributor
11,759 posts
156 reviews
6. Re: Details about the Jimmy Buffet concert in early July ...

That link I provided up above has all the information. Gates open at 4, no chair bags allowed, concession food on-site available, no outside food or water brought in.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
629 posts
120 reviews
7. Re: Details about the Jimmy Buffet concert in early July ...

Thanks all for the helpful info. Ready to go and looking forward to the Jimmy Buffet concert.

Reply to: Details about the Jimmy Buffet concert in early July ...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lewisburg