We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thanks for suggestions for places in Brookfield

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
689 reviews
Save Topic
Thanks for suggestions for places in Brookfield

Searching the WI board, I came across a couple threads on places in Brookfield.

Louise's Trattoria had delicious food (freshly made pizza..yum) and great service and almost across the street was Kopp's which had delicious frozen custard (one day I had Spumoni and another the rootbeer and turtle). Also ate at Cooper's Hawk. I usually try not to eat at chains but really enjoyed the wine flight concept and the cheese board.

On the way to the airport, I stopped at the Greenfield location and had the "never enough chocolate" and turtle. Wow, the chocolate was amazing!!!

Again, thanks for all the information on this board!!

Mentioned in this post
Brookfield
Brookfield
Wisconsin
5 replies to this topic
WI
Destination Expert
for Wisconsin, Colorado Springs
Level Contributor
6,172 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thanks for suggestions for places in Brookfield

The Greenfield Kopp's location is a great choice too, glad you got to stop. Never Enough Chocolate is my favorite flavor there (I'm partial to chocolate what can I say). I'm glad you had a good trip this way.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thanks for suggestions for places in Brookfield

I feel the same way about Cooper's Hawk. Yeah, it's a chain, but the food is actually really good. Glad you found some good places to eat. I'm also a fan of Louise's.

Boston...
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
689 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thanks for suggestions for places in Brookfield

Was on a business trip and hope to get there again.

In addition, I went to the Pabst Mansion, Milwaukee Art Museum and Milwaukee Zoo on a Sunday afternoon. I really enjoyed all three places.....The art museum had that fun Ebony Magazine fashion exhibit, the Chihuly sculpture...and that gorgeous view of the Lake!

We are members of the Preservation Society of Newport (The Breakers, Marble House, etc), so seeing the various styles of architecture of the Pabst Mansion were interesting to me. The beer history was also fun to hear.

Since we've had horrible weather in New England, so glad to get out and walk outside. The zoo was packed with families who had the same idea for a Sunday....I enjoyed the walkable size of the zoo...I just wish the big cats and primates weren't napping while I was there (just a note for those who want to see them a bit more active).

Again, thanks...I had a wonderful visit!!!

Mentioned in this post
Pabst Mansion
Pabst Mansion
850 Reviews
Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee Art Museum
Milwaukee Art Museum
2,333 Reviews
Milwaukee, WI
Milwaukee
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
Marble House
Marble House
1,411 Reviews
Newport, RI
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,468 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thanks for suggestions for places in Brookfield

Great report. If you make it back you will have to check out the mansions on the north shore. They are, needless to say,nothing like the Newport mansions, but they are worth a drive by.

Mentioned in this post
Newport
Newport
Rhode Island
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,334 posts
689 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thanks for suggestions for places in Brookfield

Thanks...will hopefully get back and would definitely see the north shore! Thanks for the suggestion!

Reply to: Thanks for suggestions for places in Brookfield
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brookfield