We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Lambeau?

2 posts
Save Topic
Transportation to Lambeau?

Hello,

I am attending the Christmas eve Packers vs. Vikings game at Lambeau field. I am traveling from Southeast WI. It is a noon game and I'd rather not deal with hordes of traffic that early in the AM, plus factoring in potential weather hazards I'm leaning towards getting a hotel room the night before.

Anyway, what would you recommend for hotels? Is there an option to get a nearby hotel and walk to the stadium (I know it may not be feasible because of the cold), or are there hotels that offer shuttle services? This way I wouldn't have to pay for parking (even though I'd miss the tailgating experience). I've never been to Lambeau before and it's been years since I've been to the Green Bay area. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!

Edited: 17 December 2016, 09:31
Mentioned in this post
Lambeau Field
Lambeau Field
2,991 Reviews
Green Bay, WI
Green Bay
Green Bay
Wisconsin
Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
11,693 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to Lambeau?

Good luck finding a room in Green Bay the night before a game.

Mentioned in this post
Green Bay
Green Bay
Wisconsin
Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,524 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to Lambeau?

There are still quite a few rooms available in the downtown for the 23rd albeit 200 a night. This is not usually the case but a lot of people will drive over from Minnesota on game day so that took pressure off rooms. Call some of the hotels with availability and ask about their shuttle service. The walkable hotels IMO appear to be sold out. Good luck.

Mentioned in this post
Minnesota
Minnesota
United States
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
305 posts
1,139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to Lambeau?

You might want to consider airbnb or vrbo. There are several rooms for rent on 12/23, some for less than $100. Don't know what your budget is ----

2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation to Lambeau?

@przyk Not what I meant in the slightest.

Edited: 18 December 2016, 02:25
Green Bay WI
Level Contributor
136 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation to Lambeau?

First find a hotel room then you can work on ways to get to the game.

On game days green bay transit system buses run several routes that pick up around the area and deliver to the stadium. These buses are free and also run after the game to take people away from the stadium.

Several sports bars also offer free transportation from the bar to the stadium and back. The buses are free and you can have a good time at the bar before and after.

There is free parking around the stadium but you will have to walk several blocks to get to the stadium. The earlier you arrive the closer you can park but expect to walk a ways. Park in the neighborhoods to the north or west of the stadium then stop at Krolls for pregame tailgating.

If you do pay for parking, park at a lot that is a fundraiser for a local organization. Green Bay Distillery has parking that benefits a local school, I saw a lot on Ridge Road that benefits a local high school. Just check around, groups that host the parking will say it on their signs. Arrive three hours before the game and parking will not be so bad then visit a sports bar to keep warm before the game.

Have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Green Bay Distillery
Green Bay Distillery
189 Reviews
Green Bay, WI
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation to Lambeau?

If you are having a hard time look into Appleton, WI. Most hotels in Green Bay require a 2 or 3 night min game day weekends. Appleton is a 40 min drive from Lambeau but there are plenty of free parking options within walking distance of the stadium. I work at Lambeau and don't have an assigned parking spot and I'm always able to find a free spot on Liberty St

Mentioned in this post
Appleton
Appleton
Wisconsin
Green Bay
Green Bay
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
14 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation to Lambeau?

There is a new Residence Inn in Green Bay that I believe is now open, maybe they have availability...

Mentioned in this post
Green Bay
Green Bay
Wisconsin
8. Re: Transportation to Lambeau?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2017, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay