We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appleton/Green Bay next weekend for game

2 posts
Save Topic
Appleton/Green Bay next weekend for game

I'm taking my fiancé to Green Bay next weekend for the Packers & Giants game. We will be staying in Appleton. We are late 20's and enjoy food, drinks & football of course. Any suggestions on things to do the night before in Appleton or before/after the game on Sunday? Places to go, eat, drink, etc.

Also, will we be okay wearing Giants jerseys? Thanks so much!

Edited: 30 September 2016, 11:05
Mentioned in this post
Green Bay
Green Bay
Wisconsin
Appleton
Appleton
Wisconsin
A'Bravo
$$ - $$$, American, Healthy, Contemporary
Rustique Pizzeria
$$ - $$$, American, Pizza
Chives Restaurant
$$$$, French, American
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
552 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Appleton/Green Bay next weekend for game

While in Appleton, look for College Avenue and follow that to the downtown area. Appleton is split into two distinct area's the shopping and lodging district and the downtown area. I am guessing you are staying the shopping/lodging area. Downtown is probably a 5-10 minute drive. There are plenty of bars, pubs, restaurants, and many of them offer live music.

Don't worry about wearing your Giants gear. Packer fans are some of the most genuine fans you will meet. Just be ready to engage in a lot more conversation. Enjoy your visit

Mentioned in this post
Appleton
Appleton
Wisconsin
Houma, Louisiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Appleton/Green Bay next weekend for game

My husband and I are coming to town for Packers/Saints this season and staying in downtown Appleton. Is there public transportation or buses to buy a seat that take fans from Appleton to the game? We would prefer not to drive ourselves.

Mentioned in this post
Appleton
Appleton
Wisconsin
Wausau, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,513 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Appleton/Green Bay next weekend for game

Yes, there are multible options. Check with your hotel and see if they are running a shuttle. Google local bus companies for pick up points for their shuttle. The Bar (business name) runs a shuttle for about $15 pp. Lastly, visiting teams stay in Appleton too! Good Luck.

Mentioned in this post
Appleton
Appleton
Wisconsin
Houma, Louisiana
Level Contributor
28 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Appleton/Green Bay next weekend for game

Thank you!

5. Re: Appleton/Green Bay next weekend for game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2018, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Green Bay
Recent Conversations