We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping in Cody

Cloudcroft, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
Camping in Cody

We want to go to Cody after we leave Yellowstone. How many days do you think we need in Cody to see everything? We will be there mid Sept.

Thanks

Billings, Montana
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
7,131 posts
1 review
1. Re: Camping in Cody

I guess it would depend on what you're interested in doing/seeing while in Cody and what time you plan on leaving Yellowstone Park that day.

If you enjoy museums and really want to take your time to experience them, The Buffalo Bill Center of the West can fill up two days. There are five different world-class museums in the building. Starting in mid-September they go to shorter hours (8am -5pm). Their admission is good for two days which is good bargain.

https://centerofthewest.org/

The nightly rodeo stops on August 31st but if you're interested in wild mustangs there are tours that take you out to the McCullough Peak Wild Mustang Area. The tour is 2 1/2 to 3 hours.

codywyomingadventures.com/cody-wyoming-adven…

The Heart Mountain WWII Japanese Interment Interpretive Camp outside of Cody might also be something that you might be interested in seeing.

http://heartmountain.org/

If you're interested in all three of the above and would like to not be rushed I would say two full days in Cody would be nice.

Deb

Cloudcroft, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Camping in Cody

Thank you Deb... Sounds good to me.. Would there be parts of YNP close enough to go back and visit??

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
Level Contributor
4,742 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Camping in Cody

From Cody you have a 2 hour drive back to Fishing Bridge Junction.

There is also going to see the wild horses not that far from Cody.

Cloudcroft, New...
Level Contributor
7 posts
20 reviews
4. Re: Camping in Cody

Thank you.. I am thinking three or four days. I understand there are other beautiful drives out from Cody..

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
Level Contributor
7,738 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Camping in Cody

There are several scenic drives from Cody; the route to the east gate of Yellowstone; the Chief Joseph Highway; east toward the McCullough Hills (and feral horses) and/or the Heart Mountain Internment Camp; south to Valley, which is a real nice drive through Wyoming ranchland with the Absaroka Range in the background.

6. Re: Camping in Cody

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2017, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Cody