We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone know much about "Kapoho Skies" Vacation Rental?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Anyone know much about "Kapoho Skies" Vacation Rental?

Hi there! We're planning a trip to the Pahoa/Puna area (3 of us including our 5 y/o daughter) this May and discovered a wonderful looking house, "Kapoho Skies", online. The property seems lush & lovely, and the grounds keeper was very polite/nice in our online interaction, I'm just curious to know more since I can't find any reviews online so I thought I'd give this forum a shot. Thanks so much! :-)

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Anyone know much about "Kapoho Skies" Vacation Rental?

A link would be helpful.

South Pole
Level Contributor
41,493 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Anyone know much about "Kapoho Skies" Vacation Rental?

Yes, a link, very little name recognition for rentals, as there are so many.

South Pole
Level Contributor
41,493 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Anyone know much about "Kapoho Skies" Vacation Rental?

Why are you taking a 5 year old to the Pahoa Puna area? Friends and family? Been there before? It's sure not an area I'd take a young kid for a Hawaiian vacation.

Big Island, Hawaii
Level Contributor
31,164 posts
4. Re: Anyone know much about "Kapoho Skies" Vacation Rental?

I agree unless you have friends or family you're visiting there, it would not be my choice. I wouldn't let my kids get in the tide pools what with all the contamination history and weird mass fish dieoffs, and there isn't much else to do in the area. It's about three hours away from safe, clean beaches and snorkeling. I'd pick a condo on the sunny Kohala Coast where most of the beaches are plus a wide range of restaurants, and kid friendly things to do nearby.

Anyway, as to the specific rental, is this it? https://www.vrbo.com/949239

South Pole
Level Contributor
41,493 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Anyone know much about "Kapoho Skies" Vacation Rental?

Aha, must be.

So it's not in one of the two subdivisions that have water access, questionable quality that it is. You would need to do public access parking for the tidepools, which can be a long hot walk. I don't see this as a suitable rental for a kid at all. Better for a repeat stay where you already know the area.

Kona
Level Contributor
3,112 posts
50 reviews
6. Re: Anyone know much about "Kapoho Skies" Vacation Rental?

I dunno, that's a bit of a funky-looking rental; I feel like I can smell the mold from here.

South Pole
Level Contributor
41,493 posts
4 reviews
7. Re: Anyone know much about "Kapoho Skies" Vacation Rental?

I know, wahine, I can virtually smell it too.

8. Re: Anyone know much about "Kapoho Skies" Vacation Rental?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 April 2018, 03:18
Get answers to your questions about Pahoa