We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

Today I received an offer for 5 nights/6 days from Hilton Waikoloa in return for attending a timeshare presentation. In the small print it states "Hilton Area Hotel" Has anyone accepted this offer, and if so, what Hilton Area Hotel is used and what is the quality of the room?

Thanks much for any info.

18 replies to this topic
Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,848 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

I've seen these. They either put you into the timeshare units within the Hilton Waikoloa hotel itself or at Kohala Suites or Kings Land (most desirable option but less common) which are condos

Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

Thanks

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
43,283 posts
1,294 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

To parrot my wife's sentiments: "I will never stay at the Hilton Waikoloa, if my life depended on it."

Even as HHonors Diamond members, we will never stay at that property, even if Hilton paid for a suite, for a month.

You are welcome to it.

Hunt

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,802 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

rofl Hunt.

Shea, do they ever place people at the Bay Club?

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,848 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

I'm not sure. Not that I've heard but I suppose it's possible. It seems like the terms let them put people into any HGV property.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,802 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

Thanks Shea. Important to define because the pool sharing privileges are not the same, as you know.

Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

Thanks everyone

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

Do you know in advance where they are going to place you?

Level Contributor
10 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

I can't book yet - too early for next spring, but when I am able to book, I'll post results (assuming it's allowed on Trip Advisor)

San Mateo...
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer

I have one of the vacation offers and theyconfirmed I would be able to book at one of 4 hotels, no black out dates, the room would be 1 bedroom 1 bath units, and I had 12 months to book and use the offer. The offer was for 6 days and 5 nights with car for $798 with a future $200 gift certificate to use at a hotel after my visit. I was told all of the details would be included in my confirmation email. I went ahead and paid the deposit this morning and received the confirmation email. The only hotel mentioned is the Hotel Waikoloa and the very bottom of the email, there is a comment "If you book your dates more than 45 days after package purchase, your credit card will be charged an additional $50," so be aware of that. There is also no mention of the 5,000 points I was to receive. I actually feel like it was false advertising.

Reply to: Hilton Waikoloa Vacation Offer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted