We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

Brisbane
Level Contributor
31 posts
Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

Hi everyone!

I have just booked an one bedroom garden view paradise suite at Kiahuna Plantation via Agoda. I’ve read many reviews about the rooms on the main road being very noisy. Can anyone tell me if the paradise suite is on the main road.... I can’t seem to find any information on it. I have free cancellation with Agoda until October 14.

Cheers!

13 replies to this topic
Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
19,076 posts
1 review
1. Re: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

I have never heard of Agoda and have never heard their name come up for renting at Kiahuna Plantation. This Paradise Suite thing is just the name Agoda has decided to give to a garden view room. Not even the main rental agents have this "paradise" category. I wouldn't trust this operation.

Why did you choose this Agoda operation? They're obviously a third party broker. Agoda cannot answer your question? Typically these operations have no real knowledge of a property and aren't on-island. There are a number of ways to rent at Kiahuna where you're dealing directly with the owners or with their contracted on-island rental agent. Also, Castle Resorts , which is located in and throughout Hawaii, let's you choose the unit you want at Kiahuna.

I'd definitely cancel. An online third party booking site like Agoda may be fine for hotel rooms but these are individually-owned condos and you want to be able to select the one you want. Kiahuna covers a lot of ground and you want to be sure of the location of where you'll end up. Not just a bogus "paradise" category which means nothing.

Yes, cancel it and start from scratch. Check out Castle Resorts Kiahuna Plantation. Also checkout the offerings of local Poipu rental agencies like Great Vacation Retreats which has quite a few to pick from. Also check out Vrbo.com for individual owners listings. You'll see duplication - such as Great Vacation Retreats which lists all of it's units on Vrbo.

Others here will give you the websites that they use for Kiahuna. Hopefully 22kauai and scincalifornia will see your post. They have some great websites for Kiahuna.

Edited: 07 October 2018, 23:48
Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,847 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

The Parrish Collection also rents out several units at Kiahuna Plantation condos. They have a nice map on their website which shows the locations of each unit.

https:/…

santa cruz
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

Go to Castle and or Outrigger and look at their view categories. I’d also feel more comfortable booking with either of them as well.

Garden View Paradise is a category Castle uses and it’s the second category so it’s better than Garden View and I think it has more to do with location than view, so yes hopefully that means you aren’t booked in the far back of the property.

Since we can’t know for sure I’d call and ask.

With Castle you can book that category and request a specific room. The option is on their website.

California
Level Contributor
41,599 posts
130 reviews
4. Re: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

Cancel Agoda. It is best to know which unit you are getting. Agoda is not the way to go.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
48 reviews
5. Re: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

https://www.kiahunaowners.net/index.htm

You can also try this site where you can rent from an owner.

Poipu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
34 posts
6. Re: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

Castle does indeed offer a Garden Paradise category. They are located away from Poipu Road mostly in the center of the property. Many are in buildings 8 - 14 and 23. They are a great buy as they are centrally located but don't have the premium price associated with anything with "ocean" in the category.

Not sure this post will be allowed as it is not my intent to advertise, but to inform.

As to Agoda, I have no comments.

Roy Thompson

General Manager

Castle Resorts & Hotels

California
Level Contributor
41,599 posts
130 reviews
7. Re: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

Your no comment says a lot and I agree!

Kapaa, Hawaii
Level Contributor
52,951 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

KiahunaGM. You posted exactly how someone associated with a property is allowed to post. You identified yourself, posted on a thread that was talking about your property and didn't leave any contact information. It's actually refreshing.

The only thing's I've heard about Agoda are awful. Run, don't walk, away from this company.

santa cruz
Level Contributor
3,482 posts
48 reviews
9. Re: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

Yes book Garden Paradise with Castle. That area of the complex is very nice, looking out over the lawn area. The beach is a 5 minute walk away.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
31 posts
10. Re: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite

So, I called Castle Kiahuna Plantation directly to see if they received my booking from Agoda. Turns out they did, but, the booking was for a garden view room versus my Agoda booking for a garden view l paradise suite.

I called Agoda immediately to cancel that booking as I was not happy with the price that I paid for just a garden view room even though I had booked for a garden view room view paradise suite. Finding a number to call and a person to speak to was drama in itself.

I have now booked directly via Castles Resort website for Kiahuna Plantation for a garden view paradise suite.

Thank you everyone for your advice. If it wasn’t for everyone’s input, my honeymoon may have turned out stressful and not enjoyable. Looking forward to Kauai and staying at Kiahuna Plantation. Countdown has begun!

Reply to: Kiahuna Plantation garden view paradise suite
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted