We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kuhio shores, koloa

Campton, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
kuhio shores, koloa

We are contemplating this condo resort for 2 weeks in April. Any information on particular units plus the surronding are would be appreciated

California
Level Contributor
41,910 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: kuhio shores, koloa

Kuhio Shores is a great place to stay on the South Shore. It is just a few feet from the water's edge with fabulous views. Bay side,sunrise view numbered rooms will have the lower numbers. 2 I really like are 308 and 207. Higher numbered rooms will have ocean/sunset views. I love 316 and 217 is very nice and in a terrific location. Since I toured many of these units some out of dates units have been redone. The lower the second number the closer to the main road. I think Kimocat stays in 209 which is a corner unit. That would be the best of both worlds. Next door to KS is a nice little snorkeling spot and also a very popular restaurant called Beach House. Let me warn you, from the front of the building it's nothing special, but they just redid the lobby, painted the building, and once you get into the condos and see the view and hear the waves you will love it as so many do. April is still whale watching time so enjoy the small lanai and whale and turtle watch away.

Good sites for rentals are summitpacific.com and kuhioshore.net.

Washington
Level Contributor
1,208 posts
193 reviews
2. Re: kuhio shores, koloa

Aloha jmrun,

We have been to Kauai 4 times and have stayed at Kuhio Shores the last 3 times, we love it. It is right next door to a great snorkeling beach, and a fantastic sunset restaurant, the Beach House. We prefer being on the oceanfront condos instead of the bayview side condos. I believe the numbers for the oceanfronts end with 10-19?? such as 110,210,319,419, etc. The bayview side units end with 1-9? such as 101, 209, etc. There are several websites to go to such as

kuhio-shores.com and kuhioshores.net

Just do a google search for Kuhio Shores.

Oxnard, California
Level Contributor
1,949 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: kuhio shores, koloa

I have stayed at Kuhio Shores on two occasions over the past 3 years. Both times I stayed on the Bay side and absolutely loved it for the sunrises. You are still out over the water and hear the crash of the waves pretty much all day and night. I really enjoyed sitting on my lanai to watch the sunrise while having my freshly brewed Kona or Kauai coffee, along with some fresh juice and breakfast. One thing nice about the Bay side is that you get the morning sun, and by afternoon the sun is no longer over the lanai, keeping the unit a little bit cooler for the late afternoons and evenings. I don't think you can go wrong with either the Bay side or Ocean side though!

As others have mentioned, at Kuhio Shores you are next door to the Beach House restaurant, as well as a nice, small snorkeling beach. Poipu Beach is just a 5-minute drive away, and many other restaurants are just a few minutes away.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: kuhio shores, koloa

We also have been able to stay at Kuhio Shores, and it was great.

We were on the ocean side, but, the bay side overlooking PK's, and trying to spot turtles, is mighty nice also.

You have already received some great descriptions of the area, but just wanted to add to the already positive reports.

Denny

Campton, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: kuhio shores, koloa

Thank you for the info We are making reservations this week!

Campton, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: kuhio shores, koloa

Campton, New...
Level Contributor
12 posts
34 reviews
7. Re: kuhio shores, koloa

BC
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
8. Re: kuhio shores, koloa

I can second unit 207; We stayed there in early June and absolutely loved it. I spent a long time looking at all the pictures on line before we chose this one, but I was a little worried that it might not measure up. We were pleased that the actual condo was even better than the pictures; California shutters on the bedroom & bathroom, an absolutely gorgeous view, great comfy patio furniture, a beautiful kitchen & plasma tv. It was nice to have the little touches - ie: there was a ton of beach equipment, laundry soap, laundry hamper, blender, and all the kitchen equipment we could think of. It was also very (very) clean & very new as it seems it was recently renovated.

I did see that the property manager was offering 25% off I believe (for the rest of '09 I believe?). I suspect it might still be a bit early to secure a similar discount for next spring, but you could always ask and/or look around to see what they are offering.

Enjoy !! You'll love the island no matter where you stay.

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
105 reviews
9. Re: kuhio shores, koloa

Here's another enthusiastic recommendation for KS 207. We stayed there last March after jebett's recommendation and we absolutely loved it. We are usually North Shore renters b/c we love that side of the island more but we thought we'd give South Shore a whirl and was very happy with that decision. In fact, Amy Grant, the manager gave us an excellent last minute rate back in March. I've never met her but she seems very nice and very, very responsive and a delight to do business with. The proof in that is that I just contacted her again for a return stay. We'll first be somewhere on the North Shore for a week and move on to KS 207 for our final 4 days from 01/06/10 thru 01/10/10. Anyway, I asked her if she would be kind enough to offer the same rate again and she said YES!

Okay, besides the ease and comfort of working with Amy, the condo is beautifully furnished, comfy bed, immaculate, and best of all, incredible white water bay view, complete with turtles.

California
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
10. Re: kuhio shores, koloa

We've stayed at both 217 and 218 several times and loved it every time. This January we saw hundreds of Humpbacks right from the lanai.

Get answers to your questions about Poipu
Recent Conversations