We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waikomo Streams, any construction noise issues there?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Waikomo Streams, any construction noise issues there?

I am considering staying at Waikomo Streams but it looked like there might be constuction at a nearby resort, anyone know if the noise from the neighbor resort construction will be bad at Waikomo Streams resort, looking to stay there late summer? I like everything I see about Waikomo Streams, but was concerned noise might be an issue if there is major construction next door, especially since we can't close the doors and run the AC since there isn't and AC there!

Thanks!

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,647 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waikomo Streams, any construction noise issues there?

My husband just stayed there (he goes every quarter) and he did not hear any noise from the construction at Koloa Landing. He was in Building 2 this last trip (closest to Koloa Landing) and it was not an issue at all. He prefers Buildings 4 and 5 since they are tucked back into the complex and generally, more quiet.

Mentioned in this post
Koloa Landing Resort at Poipu, Autograph Collection
Koloa Landing Resort at...
2,118 Reviews
Kauai, HI
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
10 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waikomo Streams, any construction noise issues there?

Thanks so much!

Kalaheo, Hawaii
Level Contributor
606 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waikomo Streams, any construction noise issues there?

We were in building 5 for all of May, and did not hear any comstructon. Did get a little road noise from Poipu Road, but usually quieted down by about 9:30.

Mentioned in this post
Poipu
Poipu
Kauai, HI
4. Re: Waikomo Streams, any construction noise issues there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2017, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Poipu