We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a place similar to waipouli beach resort in poipu?

Georgia, USA
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
Is there a place similar to waipouli beach resort in poipu?

Hi,

My husband and I will be on island in October, we really like waipouli beach resort and plan to stay there but we wish it was in poipu. Are there any condo style resorts (not a hotel) similar to the waipouli beach resort in poipu? (Multiple pools, outdoor restruants/bars, clean and well appointed rooms). We also want air conditioning. I understand that this area stays cool with the ocean breeze but we need A/C as I'm exceptionally hot natured.

Thanks so much

California
Level Contributor
41,439 posts
130 reviews
1. Re: Is there a place similar to waipouli beach resort in poipu?

Koloa Landing is the closest but beware that they are still in construction mode.

Santa Rosa...
Level Contributor
18,986 posts
1 review
2. Re: Is there a place similar to waipouli beach resort in poipu?

Yes, Koloa Landing is about it. When complete this place is going to be nicer than Waipouli Beach Resort but as Jebett said they're working on the final Phase 3 right now. The key is getting into a unit in Phase 1, the furthest from the current construction. It all depends on how tolerant a person is. We've had reports here from both sides - people who weren't bothered with it and those who were. It also depends on your travel style. Will you be out throughout the day. I'm not sure when the work ends, generally 4-5 p.m. Some folks have reported they got a construction discount based on their location. It's certainly worth investigating. I'm not sure if the restaurant is completed yet.

The other place in Poipu that comes near it in quality of units is The Villas at Poipu Kai. Although it doesn't have multiple pools or restaurants. But very nice and has the well-appointed units with top of the line everything. This place is only a 10 minute walk to Poipu Beach. Koloa Landing is a longer walk to the beach at the Sheraton.

Both have full air conditioning. By the way, I'm not sure where you heard this area stays cool with the ocean breeze. The tradewinds come in from northeast of the island. The breezes are not just at the oceanfront and it's no cooler in any location in Poipu than anywhere else further inland. If you're used to AC and can't live without it then you'll probably want it.

Georgia, USA
Level Contributor
41 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Is there a place similar to waipouli beach resort in poipu?

Thanks everyone! I will check those out! Coming from the east coast we'll be up long before construction starts!

4. Re: Is there a place similar to waipouli beach resort in poipu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2017, 13:17