We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco Snorkel Gear?

Canada
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
Costco Snorkel Gear?

Does anyone know if the local Costco is selling Snorkel gear? Is there anywhere else you would recommend? We don’t want to rent. We are staying at Koolina Beach Villas next week.

Best Seller
Turtle Canyon Snorkel Cruise by...
214 Reviews
from US$96.75*
Paradise Cove Luau
990 Reviews
from US$97.00*
Chief's Luau
80 Reviews
from US$95.00*
6 replies to this topic
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Costco Snorkel Gear?

They usually have the packaged snorkel gear but Costco can suddenly be out of things.

Kapaa, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
Level Contributor
51,534 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Costco Snorkel Gear?

Yes, more than likely they have it. Have you snorkeled before? I don't recommend buying a snorkel mask that you can't fit to your face. You can't do that with packaged equipment. A well fitting mask is essential to a good snorkeling experience. Nothing worse than a mask that leaks. Is there a reason you don't want to rent? If the snorkel mouthpiece is what bothers you you can buy a new mouthpiece, very reasonable and you can fit your mask at the rental shop.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Costco Snorkel Gear?

I agree with Fishdiva, nothing ruins a snorkeling trip faster than a poorly fitted or poor quality mask. A leaking, fogging, mask is no fun. A rental gives you access to good quality equipment without having to buy it just for occasional use.

Canby, Oregon
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Costco Snorkel Gear?

I’m with fishdiva andCarol H

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Costco Snorkel Gear?

Look at renting from someone like Snorkel Bob's. You can even purchase it if you like it. I usually buy from them since they can fit me. For better equipment try LeisurePro. Maybe buy equipment at home (snorkel and mask) then go to Walmart or something and just buy some fins to save space. We always travel with the mask and snorkel.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
5,095 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Costco Snorkel Gear?

I'd also join the recommendation of either buying quality gear that you can try on first or just rent, and let them fit you properly.

Reply to: Costco Snorkel Gear?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted