We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

Southern US
Level Contributor
64 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

We would like to stay at the Ko Olina Beach Villas in the middle of February 2017. I read that new construction will start in 2017 next to the beach villas. Does anyone know more specifically when construction will begin? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Ko'Olina Beach Park
Ko'Olina Beach Park
129 Reviews
Oahu, HI
35 replies to this topic
Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

I don't think anyone can give you a good timeline. Construction dates are very hard to pin down. Traditionally these projects are delayed as permits and approvals take time and there are many hoops to jump through. So I would think late 2017 would be the earliest it would start but again there are no guarantees. If staying in the Beach Villas ask for the Ocean /pool facing building. These will be least impacted by construction.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
11 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

We are looking at booking a condo in this property for November 2017. Could someone tell me if the construction will be on the north or south side of the beach villas? I contacted one owner who stopped responding when I asked if the unit will be facing the constructuon area, so I may already have my answer! Thank you.

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

Construction will be on the north side. Between Aulani and the Beach Villas.

Mentioned in this post
Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa
Aulani, a Disney Resort...
5,731 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Kapolei, Hawaii
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

Both parcels on either side (north and south), of Beach Villas are slated for construction. However, the land to the south, between Beach Villas and the Marriott Ko'Olina Beach Club at Lagoon 3, is most likely to be built/developed first. It is certainly possible that there could be development occurring simultaneously on both parcels on either side of the Beach Villas, keeping in mind that both parcels of land were acquired by the same developer and they may have some economies of scale at play if they can simultaneously develop land.

However, that is nothing more than speculation as there have been no formal announcements with exact timelines, nor is there active construction or foundation work under way. The only thing I've observed take place is on the parcel to the south, between Beach Villas and Marriott's Ko'Olina Beach Club. Surveying and soil testing. That's it.

I did meet with one of the developers in October 2016, as they wanted to preview some of the Beach Villas I manage and to get a sense of how they may want to design them, for the project to the south. Two architects were with the developer as well. All discussions (and pointing across towards the land) was for the parcel to the south; nothing in our conversation was about the parcel between Disney and Beach Villas.

They didn't reveal a lot though and I was not able to get a timeline from them. All that the developer said when I asked about timeline, was that you will see things happening very soon; within the next month. That was prior to the soil testing and then, sure enough, I noticed crews working on the soil testing shortly thereafter. Since the soil testing was completed though I have not really seen anything else happening. I'm on property almost every day of the week. We are all anxiously awaiting more information and updates.

Beachfront Beach Villas in the Beach Tower (ending in 09 and 10), and Beach Tower Villas ending in 01, 02, 04, 06, 08, should be best options for minimal impact once construction is underway. For the Ocean Tower, villas in stacks 01 through 06 are in the center section of the Ocean Tower and will be better than those on the outward facing sides of the towers. Also units ending in 11, 12, 13, 22, 23 in the Ocean Tower should be good. Ask first though about orientation and view plane and have the manager/owner/host verify the location with an image or something else.

Mentioned in this post
Ko'Olina Beach Park
Ko'Olina Beach Park
129 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

Thanks for that Munro. As a frequent visitor to Ko Olina I was questioning what building was going to be starting soon. I know that there are plans but so far they seem a fair way off.

We'll be back in two more weeks then already planning a stay next April so will be watching.

Mentioned in this post
Ko Olina
Ko Olina
Oahu, HI
Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,959 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

Very interesting. Thanks, Munro.

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

We are thinking of booking Unit B-801 - 8th floor of the Beach Tower at the Ko Olani. Anyone know if this particular unit will be affected by the construction? We were planning on a November 9-16th 2017 date

Much appreciated

Southern US
Level Contributor
64 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

Just an update- We were in Ko Olina two weeks ago. Construction had not started while we were there. The wedding chapel next to the Ko Olina Beach villas is fenced off with plastic construction fencing. Other than that, we did not see activity on the empty parcels of land on either side of the beach villas.

Mentioned in this post
Ko Olina
Ko Olina
Oahu, HI
Ko'Olina Beach Park
Ko'Olina Beach Park
129 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
1,788 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

Four weeks until we are there again - so will be interesting to see any movement.

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
2,060 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina

I'll be there in 2 so I'll be posting!

Reply to: 2017 New Construction in Ko Olina
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kapolei